• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Ireland and England 2015 (limited overs)

Stace

First Class Debutant
Do they update ODI player rankings after every match or series? I see Morgan is 33rd behind Bell (28th) which seems strange considering he has been great against NZ and AUS.

Spark

Global Moderator
Do they update ODI player rankings after every match or series? I see Morgan is 33rd behind Bell (28th) which seems strange considering he has been great against NZ and AUS.
After every series. Worth noting that he was seriously awful for about a year before that.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good summer despite the disappointing end to it.

In a bit, cricket
I think so. Given how much our test and odi sides are works in progress, we'd have more than settled for this set of results four months ago. As in I'd have bitten the hand off anyone offering them to me. I'm mildly optimistic that we'll kick on from here, despite the likely setbacks in UAE and SA. I think the culture of the side is healthier than it was two years ago.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think so. Given how much our test and odi sides are works in progress, we'd have more than settled for this set of results four months ago. As in I'd have bitten the hand off anyone offering them to me. I'm mildly optimistic that we'll kick on from here, despite the likely setbacks in UAE and SA. I think the culture of the side is healthier than it was two years ago.
Who are you and what have you done with wpdavid?

But yeah it has been a strange old summer but better than most would have expected. loads of work to do but I like a lot of the new side, in both formats. UAE is bound to be horrible but I think SA might actually be ok.

Spark

Global Moderator
How many Tests is the SA series? If it's long (4+ Tests) then you'd expect SA to win fairly comfortably, but if it's 2-3 Tests then there's a definite chance of SA conjuring up one of their weirdly limp home series performances they produce from time to time and only scraping a draw.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adil Rashid is a better batsman than he is a bowler. Maybe he's just in great form but he looked more comfortable than anyone at the crease and he largely seems to just bowl rubbish and get wickets when he shockingly bowls a good ball or bowls crap and gets someone caught on the fence.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Morgan was an accident waiting to happen against the quicks

I hope that he isn't seriously hurt but he will need to change his game if he is to have a future at international level

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Who are you and what have you done with wpdavid?

But yeah it has been a strange old summer but better than most would have expected. loads of work to do but I like a lot of the new side, in both formats. UAE is bound to be horrible but I think SA might actually be ok.
Back in April all I was hearing from English fans and some rather ****y Aussies was that England would be lucky to win one Test in the Ashes and had absolutely no chance of winning the series - and would almost certainly lose the Test series to NZ as well.

I told a few that I thought they were wrong and that the Australians were certainly being overrated.

The only real point of interest for me on Sunday (I was only able to watch a few balls due to other commitments) was a friend of mine providing the Aussie commentray on TMS.