• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Bees

U19 12th Man
Good point, Craig - I didn't even think of that. Would probably be the best choice with this pitch.

Lee to quadruple ton.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Interesting stuff. Wouldn't mind seeing the same one done for Collingwood, reckon he's similar despite the reputation.
Would think the opposite, personally.

206 - 2-45 vs Australia
186 - 3-88 vs Pakistan
135 - 4-104 vs South Africa
134* - 3-110 vs India
128 - 4-121 vs West indies
111 - 3-162 vs West indies
96 - 2-114 vs Pakistan
96 - 2-36 vs Australia
80 - 2-30 vs Pakistan

Mind you, he bats at 6 now.
You are right, but using the scores I've come up with only 4 of those innings count.
I realize 3-88 is pretty bad, but 2-114 isn't that horrible.

Helped by his 204, Collingwood has had 24 innings and made 877 runs at 36.54. Quite respectable IMO.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I agree. Hayden may retire but I would not take just these three innings to say "he has to".
I never said he has to retire from tests. I said he has to retire from ODI's and it's true. He won't make the next WC and we have two successful openers without him as well as Jaques waiting.

Tests are different.

Craig

World Traveller
Why don't the selectors make that call for him? Hell the old ones did it to Steve Waugh of all people!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really loving Mishy and Ishy this match. Very encouraging to have two young fella's like that coming through.

Craig

World Traveller
Really loving Mishy and Ishy this match. Very encouraging to have two young fella's like that coming through.
Piyush Chawla is not a bad replacement either! I would hate to see Kumble not get the chance to play another Test to go out on his own terms, but he might just get that tap on the shoulder or he will retire before he gets the tap. You can't axe Mishra, and Harbhajan gets his spot even though he isn't that great with the only thing proping him up so much is that Ricky Ponting is his bitch.

masterblaster

International Captain
Amit Mishra has secured his spot in the Indian team once Kumble retires. He's the man to take over from Kumble as India's main leg spinner and with the way he's bowled today, that is going to be a real positive for India. That ball to Cameron White today was an absolute beauty.

Precambrian

Banned
Australians were completely dominated in the session. To say all their boundaries (perhaps all runs) came behind the wicket shows how much control Indian bowlers exerted. The pitch is still very good for batting, and I do not see India enforcing follow on, if they get Australia out within that.

Loved the delivery that got Hussey, and Haddin.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Amit Mishra has secured his spot in the Indian team once Kumble retires. He's the man to take over from Kumble as India's main leg spinner and with the way he's bowled today, that is going to be a real positive for India. That ball to Cameron White today was an absolute beauty.
White made it look good. If he picked it (as he should've, considering he bowls 5 wrong'uns an over) it's just another ball.

Precambrian

Banned
Though the situation is really bad atm, the Australian batsmen still should look to counter-attack imo, the big negative in their batting has been they have batted a bit too defensively and at times have gone into their shell letting the bowlers dictate the terms, and due to that they haven't even made the most of the lose deliveries, i think they gotta get rid of that sort of an attitude, and put a bit of pressure on the bowlers.
I think a bit too late as there are hardly any batsmen left. Agree that Australian RR has been piss poor. I think Bengaluru has gone into their mind, and they have failed to utilise this placid track.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
First look I've had at Mishra and am suitably impressed. Has control but, more crucially, turns it quite significantly. I know one swallow doesn't make a drunk, but there's surely a case for easing Kumble towards the exit if he's blocking a significant talent like the boy seems to be.

Sharma's spell to Hussey was amazing too. Kept at it and finally an edge found a welcoming pair of hands.