• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Precambrian

Banned
I thought the White one a great ball, but the one from Harbi, was the result of a very poor shot by Haddin
Harby ball was classic offspinner's wicket, pitched outside off stump and sucked Haddin into playing that drive. Haddin's reaction was completely one of bewilderment.

That said, Australia missing Symmo big big time. He's the sort of guy who would simply cut into the opposition with his strokeplay. It's sad to see Australian batsmen, who made Test cricket look ***y with strokeplay, going into a shell on a flat track. Wickets will fall to good balls, and hence it is more important to cash in on the ordinary ones.

That said, there is still a chance of Australians salvaging a draw, provided our spinners do pathetically in the 4th innings. Hard to see that they'd do that, as even average bowling would fetch wickets the way the things are atm.

Precambrian

Banned
First look I've had at Mishra and am suitably impressed. Has control but, more crucially, turns it quite significantly. I know one swallow doesn't make a drunk, but there's surely a case for easing Kumble towards the exit if he's blocking a significant talent like the boy seems to be.

Sharma's spell to Hussey was amazing too. Kept at it and finally an edge found a welcoming pair of hands.
AWTA. Good to see atlast an Indian leg spinner who turns the ball on a flat track.

pup11

International Coach
I think a bit too late as there are hardly any batsmen left. Agree that Australian RR has been piss poor. I think Bengaluru has gone into their mind, and they have failed to utilise this placid track.
I said that when Haddin and Watson were together, but now its all about getting as many runs as you can..

pup11

International Coach
Harby ball was classic offspinner's wicket, pitched outside off stump and sucked Haddin into playing that drive. Haddin's reaction was completely one of bewilderment.

That said, Australia missing Symmo big big time. He's the sort of guy who would simply cut into the opposition with his strokeplay. It's sad to see Australian batsmen, who made Test cricket look ***y with strokeplay, going into a shell on a flat track. Wickets will fall to good balls, and hence it is more important to cash in on the ordinary ones.

That said, there is still a chance of Australians salvaging a draw, provided our spinners do pathetically in the 4th innings. Hard to see that they'd do that, as even average bowling would fetch wickets the way the things are atm.
I have heard a few things in my time but that's definitely a first...

But jokes apart i can't see Symmo anything else that what Watto is doing atm, the top order has failed miserably and that's been the reason for this dismal performance with the bat so far.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Mishra has improved his googly much from the last time I saw him. The wicket of White was a classic...And after watching him bowl yesterday and today, I am sure he turns his leggies more than Chawla does.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
That said, Australia missing Symmo big big time. He's the sort of guy who would simply cut into the opposition with his strokeplay
Stroke-play? You ever watched Symonds bat? Tendulkar has stroke-play and Symonds may have stroke-play but they are not the same.

Precambrian

Banned
I have heard a few things in my time but that's definitely a first...

But jokes apart i can't see Symmo anything else that what Watto is doing atm, the top order has failed miserably and that's been the reason for this dismal performance with the bat so far.
Yep, Watson has done a commendable job so far.

****, plumb Lbw turned down. Rudi, you are dumb****.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stroke-play? You ever watched Symonds bat? Tendulkar has stroke-play and Symonds may have stroke-play but they are not the same.
Yeah y'know what? This sort of stuff is just rubbish and it's a bit much to see you give people heaps for not supporting Hayden as being near Gavaskar then say stuff like this. Both opinions are more emotion than based on facts. I've seen Symonds play heaps and he's one of the better counter-attacking batsmen going around when things are tough, his record in the last two years supports that.

Precambrian

Banned
Yep, Watson has done a commendable job so far.

****, plumb Lbw turned down. Rudi, you are dumb****.
It's such **** of ICC to sontinue with repeat offenders like Rudi Koertzen. Now what? Book Ishy for dissent? If I'd been Ishy, I might have used expletives considering the decision.

pasag

RTDAS
Watto! HS and first time his lasted 100 deliveries in Test cricket.

Lol at Rudi btw.

Edit: and his first 6!

Edit 2: first 50!

Edit 3: First time he's topped the Australian innings!

I'll stop now.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
LOL, just wondering what makes Symonds' stroke-play ***y.
Look mate, If you don't like Symonds, I can see that. But it's really dumb of you into contradicting everything what another person thinks. I love to watch Symonds bat. Because he's aggressive. That's it.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah y'know what? This sort of stuff is just rubbish and it's a bit much to see you give people heaps for not supporting Hayden as being near Gavaskar then say stuff like this. Both opinions are more emotion than based on facts. I've seen Symonds play heaps and he's one of the better counter-attacking batsmen going around when things are tough, his record in the last two years supports that.
Ease up? Symonds smashes the ball and on occasion has a decent drive. What does that have to do with ***y stroke-play? I'd say his style is more individualistic and not one that epitomises the rest of the batting line-up - which is the exact opposite to what Pnottath said, if you believe that to be true.