• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

the big bambino

International Captain
Those stupid dorks would look even worse today with their padding up! A lot of ex players, even from 10 years back, simply don't understand how the game has changed post DRS on even slightly conducive spinning pitches.
It's the same then as it is now. Padding up is a matter of judgment and only for balls outside the line and aimed at the rough. Border is right, old man energy or not he's at least showed more than what the present team did today. I should wait until I see it but if Renshaw was joking around after the match he's had then he can **** right off. The guy comes over as a smug jerk who thinks he's a comedian when he's just a clown. He just doesn't have the runs that'd make you tolerate it.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
It's the same then as it is now. Padding up is a matter of judgment and only for balls outside the line and aimed at the rough. Border is right, old man energy or not he's at least showed more than what the present team did today. I should wait until I see it but if Renshaw was joking around after the match he's had then he can **** right off. The guy comes over as a smug jerk who thinks he's a comedian when he's just a clown. He just doesn't have the runs to that'd make you tolerate it.
No it's not, umpires give those decisions a lot more in favor of bowlers these days especially the umpire's call on DRS. I've rarely seen people getting out to lbw when they padded up outside the line or just took a front foot stride/swept back in the day. The batters have to be extra careful to make sure to always hit the ball like when sweeping or defending, that was rarely an issue 40 years back.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
which blokes? Warner, Hazlewood and Cummins are the only ipl regulars in recent times, Smith doesn’t or hasn’t played much in a while. Khawaja and Handscomb had one season years ago and Starc hasn’t played in many moons either. don’t think anyone else has ever played in the ipl
Their two frontline bowlers and two key batters knowing the conditions is at least something?

the big bambino

International Captain
No it's not, umpires give those decisions a lot more in favor of bowlers these days especially the umpire's call on DRS. I've rarely seen people getting out to lbw when they padded up outside the line or just took a front foot stride/swept back in the day. The batters have to be extra careful to make sure to always hit the ball like when sweeping or defending, that was rarely an issue 40 years back.
It isn't zero sum. DRS can work for the batsman too. If you get hit outside the line it doesn't matter if the umpire gives it. You just refer it. It's still down to your judgment. If players are going for their shots more it's more a reflection of the scoring rates they want to maintain now.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Border is being an attention seeking bitch here.

Smith and Marnus were having some kind of communication if am not wrong(in the 1st innings). Even when he was middling some of these deliveries he was giving him weird signals/reactions.

When smith scores mountains of runs, you are OK with all his eccentricities, but when the team has lost badly, you start making it look like some kind of a joke.

**** all the idiots who directly or subtly try to say, "BACK IN MY DAY, I COULD MIDDLE THE BALL WITH MY DICK". Especially when cricketers/teams are going through a rough patch.
Joe Root middled the ball with his dick several times on England's last Ashes tour of Australia, and it did him and the team no good at all.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Congratulation Murphy

Youngest Australian spinners to take a 5-fer in Tests
22y 87d Todd Murphy vs Ind Nagpur 2022/23
22y 360d Joey Palmer vs Eng Sydney 1881/82
23y 5d Charles Macartney vs Eng Leeds 1909
23y 108d Shane Warne vs WI Melbourne 1992/93

Ashwin Dismissed Warner 11 times same as Stokes

Congratulation for win

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
It isn't zero sum. DRS can work for the batsman too. If you get hit outside the line it doesn't matter if the umpire gives it. You just refer it. It's still down to your judgment. If players are going for their shots more it's more a reflection of the scoring rates they want to maintain now.
It isn't but then Jadeja/Ashwin are not normal bowlers either, you can clearly see the difference between say a Jadeja/Axar & Ashwin/Lyon on this pitch. His point would've made some sense if in case he was talking in general, wrt this game I doubt any amount of prep or change in approach would've made much of a difference. A lot of posters flog Oz batting here, which is fair tbh, but what the heck did their bowlers do? It was a complete meltdown & really IMO bowlers should also take the blame here.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Our recent (latest cycle) margin of victories against SENA teams at home:

vs Eng, win by 317 runs, win by 10 wickets, win by innings and 25 runs

vs NZ, win by 372 runs

vs RSA, win by 203 runs, win by innings and 137 runs, win by innings and 202 runs

Today vs Aus, win by innings and 132.

This isn't just dominance, this is complete annihilation.

Sunil1z

International Regular

vs NZ, win by 372 runs

vs RSA, win by 203 runs, win by innings and 137 runs, win by innings and 202 runs

Tbh Australia also win with similar margin against many teams .

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain

vs NZ, win by 372 runs

Last 3 series or so India ruled over Australia so I doubt Aus win 2/1 as Mumbai India coach Mahela jayawardene told to Indian Media, may be he think it's 3 match series or he expects Ahmedabad test tame draw in front of Indian & Australia's new prime minister ( visiting Ahmedabad)

the big bambino

International Captain
It isn't but then Jadeja/Ashwin are not normal bowlers either, you can clearly see the difference between say a Jadeja/Axar & Ashwin/Lyon on this pitch. His point would've made some sense if in case he was talking in general, wrt this game I doubt any amount of prep or change in approach would've made much of a difference. A lot of posters flog Oz batting here, which is fair tbh, but what the heck did their bowlers do? It was a complete meltdown & really IMO bowlers should also take the blame here.
Players now and then still have to judge the line. Criticism of Australia's batting is fair but I'd agree the bowling should cop some too. The superiority of Jadeja and company is marked but reflective of the attitude in Australia to fail to prepare for the conditions and develop players for them as well. Australia can't say it has been ambushed when we have a long history of failure in India. But we still won't do the work to become competitive there as say India has done to become competitive in SENA conditions.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congratulation Murphy

Youngest Australian spinners to take a 5-fer in Tests
22y 87d Todd Murphy vs Ind Nagpur 2022/23
22y 360d Joey Palmer vs Eng Sydney 1881/82
23y 5d Charles Macartney vs Eng Leeds 1909
23y 108d Shane Warne vs WI Melbourne 1992/93

Ashwin Dismissed Warner 11 times same as Stokes

Congratulation for win
Charlie McCartney

Wafg he was