• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeez that was worse than I thought it was gonna be, real Adelaide vs SA vibes. Dont think we played THAT poorly for the first 5 sessions of that game tbh, 200 was roughly par in the first dig and we fought hard to keep India from running away until the axar jaddu partnership. Had that Murphy lbw that was a tad unlucky + the Rohit drop then lost the plot.

Ill eat some humble pie and admit that I was completely wrong on the tail, Cummins at #8 really didn't work, at all. My major concern though is how similar this was to the second game of the Sri Lanka series. Few things don't go our way and we lose the plot. Starc and green coming back should help a bit, starc averages 30 with the bat in India so that'll help the tail. Warner needs to go, Renshaw can open with uzzie, head can come back for the rest of the series, dont care how terrible he is vs spin, green can bat 6 and starc/agar for Bolland depending on pitch.

Smith and marnus looked good and Murphy bowled well, if Lyon can work his **** out I think we can come back and make a fight of things in the second game. Also Jadeja, what a bloody player .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Green isn’t fit to bowl
Still? I thought he can bowl next test. Also, is Starc back too? If he is, then I will go all in on batting depth. Get Starc in for Boland, Agar for Lyon and Green for Renshaw. You get 5 bowlers and batting till 9 and 10 if we add Cummins. Murphy-Starc-Cummins is a decent trio to get India all out while Green and Agar can support with their all-round abilities.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Remember the Adelaide test of BG trophy? Australia can turn it around. No room for complacency
Should send Cummins back home on PL then? We don't win the last series down under with Kohli in charge, I know they will hit back hard but anything better than 3-1 India will be extremely hard for Oz.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Remember the Adelaide test of BG trophy? Australia can turn it around. No room for complacency
Agreed. In my mind, it is 4-0 but I won't say that loud considering the last BG trophy. Green can come back from next test and produce series defining performances and who knows what will happen next.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Among the more notable instances is Steve Smith offering the thumbs up when being beaten on the outside edge.

Speaking on Fox Cricket, Border said he wants it put to a stop.

“Play with a harder edge. I mean, we’re giving blokes the thumbs up when they’re beating us outside the off stump,” Border said.

“What the hell is going on? That is just ridiculous.”

:laugh:
Border is being an attention seeking bitch here.

Smith and Marnus were having some kind of communication if am not wrong(in the 1st innings). Even when he was middling some of these deliveries he was giving him weird signals/reactions.

When smith scores mountains of runs, you are OK with all his eccentricities, but when the team has lost badly, you start making it look like some kind of a joke.

**** all the idiots who directly or subtly try to say, "BACK IN MY DAY, I COULD MIDDLE THE BALL WITH MY DICK". Especially when cricketers/teams are going through a rough patch.

Socerer 01

International Captain
why wasn’t one of Neser or Hardie picked as backup in case Green broke down like now? seems strange to pin all your hopes on one guy with a history of injuries for team balance and not have anything close to a backup for him. same for Carey

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Agreed. In my mind, it is 4-0 but I won't say that loud considering the last BG trophy. Green can come back from next test and produce series defining performances and who knows what will happen next.
Plus a lot of blokes are well-aware of the conditions thanks to their IPL experience. I don't think India can be complacent at all, they'll definitely come back hard.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Frothing at the mouth with the prospect of seeing CoolDeep selected later on in the series. What a glorious bowler he is

Socerer 01

International Captain

Smith and Marnus were having some kind of communication if am not wrong. Even when he was middling some of these deliveries he was giving him weird signals/reactions.

When smith scores mountains of runs, you are OK with all his eccentricities, but when the team has lost badly, you start making it look like some kind of a joke.

**** all the idiots who directly or subtly try to say, "BACK IN MY DAY, I COULD MIDDLE THE BALL WITH MY DICK". Especially when cricketers/teams are going through a rough patch.
agree with the sentiment but Border is the one person who can probably moan about this with how used to be the lone wolf in a dire side

R!TTER

First Class Debutant

Smith and Marnus were having some kind of communication if am not wrong. Even when he was middling some of these deliveries he was giving him weird signals/reactions.

Those stupid dorks would look even worse today with their padding up! A lot of ex players, even from 10 years back, simply don't understand how the game has changed post DRS on even slightly conducive spinning pitches.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Plus a lot of blokes are well-aware of the conditions thanks to their IPL experience. I don't think India can be complacent at all, they'll definitely come back hard.
which blokes? Warner, Hazlewood and Cummins are the only ipl regulars in recent times, Smith doesn’t or hasn’t played much in a while. Khawaja and Handscomb had one season years ago and Starc hasn’t played in many moons either. don’t think anyone else has ever played in the ipl

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The Boxing Day Test against SA really played a significant role in Australia's disaster here; not only did Starc & Green suffer injuries which put them out of the running here, but Warner's 200 made him a lock for this series.