• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Rank turners can even out the contest and actually help the touring teams if they quit complaining and get a couple of spinners who can bowl with discipline.
But Australia have two very similar bowlers. Murphy seemed to flat out out-bowl Lyon with the ability to mix up his pace and varying between turn and ones that skid on more...but in essence it's fairly similar. You can play Agar but he wouldn't even be on tour if he couldn't bat. If it's turning, India become nuclear, and Australia become slightly more dangerous but it's still India by a country mile.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
Expected more from Aussies, they have a very good side on paper. Defense very questionable, they're blocking next to the pads barring Steve Smith and Marnus. You never defend next to the pads in India, always in front of the pads. They need a full day training session batting without pads to have any chance rest of the series.
I said this on social media and got abused by heaps of people - I said Aust played weak opposition (WI & SA) in the comforts of home and it was a stats galore feast for Australia....so far...that form isn't holding up.

Completely different ball game when playing away from home and against quality opposition.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Expect Australia to play better in remaining games . We shouldn’t forget , they didn’t play warm ups . There is too much quality in their side .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing that would scare the **** out of me about India's spinners, and why they're so damn effective at home, is their ability to make the amount they're spinning the ball so imperceptive. A ball from Ashwin and Jadeja comes out, and even if it looks like a regular off break/orthodox ball, you don't know whether it's going to spin half a foot, a couple of inches or just slide straight on. If it lands on the seam it does one thing, if it lands on the lacquer it does another. How the F you play that, I'm not sure.
They bowl with side spin

Lyon & Agar bowl with over spin

Kuhnemann is a way better option than both in Indian conditions than either

Selectors obviously don’t have Foxtel

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
This is a very Indian style post, but I think it's worth investigating and I'd probably agree.

What XI would be assembled to beat India in India?

I'd go :

1.Devon Conway
2.Joe Root
3.Steven Smith
4.Babar Azam
5.Harry Brook
6.Ben Stokes (C)
7.Dinesh Chandimal (WK)
8.Shakib AL Hasan
9.Simon Harmer
10.Ollie Robinson
11.Shaheen Afridi

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Expect Australia to play better in remaining games . We shouldn’t forget , they didn’t play warm ups . There is too much quality in their side .
Depends on their seniors, if more than 2 show up they may have a chance. Remember we can also replace 4 duds in the top 6 & still get better!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TOTAB again. “You can’t make consistent test match runs playing sweeps and reverse sweeps every ball. It’s a productive shot for him but you have to mix it up.”