• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not for a guy who isn't taking any wickets. Can understand with Lee but Bracken has been getting tap and not getting any wickets. Twelve months ago he was taking wickets with the new ball and not getting any tap.
He was a lot better 12 months ago, but he's still not that bad.

5 an over is pretty good. 5 an over gives them 250, which is par, and when you're bowling at the time when the opponents are on the attack you'll take it. Batting teams tend to build their innings around being able to score 10 an over at the death or in the batting powerplay so if you can keep them to half that you're doing pretty well.

Bracken's still good at the death I reckon, but his opening spells have suffered since the white ball mysteriously stopped swinging at all.

Uppercut

No need for that, I've spent the last three weeks moaning at Australians for blaming England's excellent spells of bowling during the Ashes on their own team.

Not the case today though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Home at last, stayed at mum's after a party last night and my kid brother already had some crap on the telly, wouldn't put the cricket on because "one-day cricket is boring." Looking forwards to watching our chase - should win this, but as TT Boy alluded to, it's hard to not imagine us ****ing up somehow.

Uppercut

Think they'll get home quite easily tbh. England's batting troubles are generally when they need to accelerate but fart around instead. Chasing a low total shouldn't be too much trouble.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, we struggled with anything above 200 though in my experience. Even last year against Saffa when we were pretty good, I remember being glad when we lost the toss in the last game because I wanted to see us chase down a decent total, the only time we chased in that series we were chasing about 14 after Stuart Broad ripped out their batting line-up (WAG).

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
No need for that, I've spent the last three weeks moaning at Australians for blaming England's excellent spells of bowling during the Ashes on their own team.

Not the case today though.
Wasn't rolling eyes at you, just that any time we do well, there seems to be loads of posts about how crap the Aussies are.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Think this is the first time I can remember Mitchell Johnson doing anything useful with the bat in an ODI. This is looking like a really critical innings from him, this could make all the difference.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When we play badly we get panned for whingeing about it as well ;)....bloody good shot that

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Johnners, WAG. Kinda surprising this is really only his second innings of reasonable note in an ODI though.

Uppercut

Wasn't rolling eyes at you, just that any time we do well, there seems to be loads of posts about how crap the Aussies are.
It's true, but I think it's pretty justified this time. England haven't been great. Anderson's been very poor, Sidebottom was economical but slightly wasted great bowling conditions early on by bowling a bit short. Bresnan's been no more than decent, Wright's been better than I've seen him but he's still only been Luke Wright, Collingwood's bowled his usual nothing balls. And they've been sloppy in the field.

Only Graeme Swann has bowled genuinely well for me.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There completes another thoroughly anonymous performance from Anderson. To be a regular front-line seamer you can't keep performing like that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's true, but I think it's pretty justified this time. England haven't been great. Anderson's been very poor, Sidebottom was economical but slightly wasted great bowling conditions early on by bowling a bit short. Bresnan's been no more than decent, Wright's been better than I've seen him but he's still only been Luke Wright, Collingwood's bowled his usual nothing balls. And they've been sloppy in the field.

Only Graeme Swann has bowled genuinely well for me.
Think you're playing the man and not the performance in Wright's case. Let himself down with his last over, but had bowled pretty decently beforehand.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It'll be good when there's only one List A competition next year, because it'll be easier to see how the county players are going through the competition.

Uppercut

Think you're playing the man and not the performance in Wright's case. Let himself down with his last over, but had bowled pretty decently beforehand.
Mmm he's not been that great though. Getting Michael Clarke out was unforgiveable.