• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Australia in England 2020 (Non-Ashes)*****

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Somebody had a sig saying World Scrabble Champion 2014 which is Craig Beeves as per Google. No idea who that is on here tho.

TheJediBrah

I've got some pretty good connections imo.

Know a Judge in Sydney, a couple of lawyers in the UK and one in India as well. I even know a published author, the world scrabble champion and a guy who makes superb powerpoints.
shame you left out the Pakistani teenage ***ual deviant

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

Know a Judge in Sydney, a couple of lawyers in the UK and one in India as well. I even know a published author, the world scrabble champion and a guy who makes superb powerpoints.
Want some windscreen wiper blades on the cheap? Or a mini pine tree car air freshener?

Then look no further, I am here to fulfill all your mediocre quality car part and accessory needs

Burgey

Not to mention physicists, at least one Dr and a ****load of IT nerds too.

Shady Slim

International Coach

um mate i'm only a law student i think you're mistaken but hopefully one day!!

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh it probably misses the forest for the trees to focus on who bowls the last over. In practice, unless you're an unhittable freak like Bumrah or have a superb yorker, it's pretty hard to defend 10 runs against good sloggers these days. They have six chances to swing for the fences and will probably get one away somehow and singles and twos will suffice for the rest.
The SA v England t20 series earlier in the year would beg to differ. Two games won with clutch final overs.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh it probably misses the forest for the trees to focus on who bowls the last over. In practice, unless you're an unhittable freak like Bumrah or have a superb yorker, it's pretty hard to defend 10 runs against good sloggers these days. They have six chances to swing for the fences and will probably get one away somehow and singles and twos will suffice for the rest.
In general I'd say that's 100% true. But not Mitchell Starc on zero. To my knowledge he doesn't have a lap, a scoop or a way of scoring off a yorker. Hit the hole or thereabouts 6 times and I'd wager you're a red hot chance to defend 10.

Spark

Global Moderator
In general I'd say that's 100% true. But not Mitchell Starc on zero. To my knowledge he doesn't have a lap, a scoop or a way of scoring off a yorker. Hit the hole or thereabouts 6 times and I'd wager you're a red hot chance to defend 10.
That's a hell of an assumption though, and if there's anything Starc likes, it's full half-volleys. And of course there's the always reliable death-overs boundary shots, i.e. both edges.

TheJediBrah

I maintain that the issue was with what Rashid bowled, rather than that he was bowling. Some flatter wrong-uns would have been very tough for Starc to pick or get away.

Daemon

Yeah, third man, sweeper and deep point, come over the wicket and bowl fast flat wrong uns. He bowled some floaty pitched up nonsense that got the treatment it deserved.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm still going full length and pace to a guy who's new at the crease. If he nicks a couple, so be it. But if I'm an international bowler who's paid to hit a length on cue, I'd like to think I could manage it. Or someone like Curran with a well disguised slower ball, that's something lower order batsmen struggle hugely with.