• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Australia in England 2020 (Non-Ashes)*****

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointingly sensible batting from these two.

Where's the unnecessary swipes when you need them?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, played Marsh and Agar. Made it look easy in the end.

I know Marsh, M is a bit of a divisive player amongst our criminal cricket followers but he always seems to strap it on for us.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

I know Marsh, M is a bit of a divisive player amongst our criminal cricket followers but he always seems to strap it on for us.
Is Mitch Marsh really that divisive though? He's our best limited-overs allrounder and a **** test allrounder who's been given more chances then he deserves. Don't think many will disagree with that opinion nowadays.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Is Mitch Marsh really that divisive though? He's our best limited-overs allrounder and a **** test allrounder who's been given more chances then he deserves. Don't think many will disagree with that opinion nowadays.
I haven't really followed the debate that closely, but he does seem to cop a lot of flak. Seems to be a lot of FFSing whenever he's picked on here.

Seems playing us brings out the best in him. I remember the 180-odd at the WACA, the ton at the SCG and the Michelle at The Oval.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't really followed the debate that closely, but he does seem to cop a lot of flak. Seems to be a lot of FFSing whenever he's picked on here.

Seems playing us brings out the best in him. I remember the 180-odd at the WACA, the ton at the SCG and the Michelle at The Oval.
Yeah, averages 46 with the bat and 24 with the ball vs you guys.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Is he really a better limited-overs allrounder than Maxwell and Stoinis?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is he really a better limited-overs allrounder than Maxwell and Stoinis?
He's a better bowler than stoinis by a mile and better batsmen when stoinis isn't opening, which he never is barring injury. Maxwell is the better t20 allrounder by a good amount but odi's are up to opinion, maxwell's a better fielder and finisher but marsh is a much better bowler and a more consistent batsmen.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I've no issues at all with Marsh in ODIs and t20s. He's our best option there. It's only tests where he's been given way too many chances.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good sensible stuff from Marsh and Agar there to close out the game. Poor captaincy by Moeen not to bowl more of himself and less of the express quicks.

aussie tragic

International Captain
How fast has Carey dropped from favour, first losing the vice captaincy and now dropped as keeper for a dead rubber T20 where he could have opened.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Aus may have hit upon a good formula here with Mitch Marsh doing well...

Finch
Warner
Stoinis
Smith
Maxwell
Marsh
keeper
Agar / 3rd seamer
Starc
Cummins
Zampa

seems like a good line up for a T20 WC to be held in India.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Should definitely be in the T20 side. Capable at least of bombing a few in the middle order. Much more so than the other blokes we've had in there this series.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Aus may have hit upon a good formula here with Mitch Marsh doing well...

Finch
Warner
Stoinis
Smith
Maxwell
Marsh
keeper
Agar / 3rd seamer
Starc
Cummins
Zampa

seems like a good line up for a T20 WC to be held in India.
I think having both Stoinis and Marsh, M is probably an unnecessary precaution if they're viewed as all-rounders, especially given neither bowled a ball all series.

I actually thought the Australian selection for the 3rd game was very meh. What better time to blood newbs like Philippe and Meredith than in a dead rubber where one's already committed to resting (arguably) your best batsman and bowler?

Wade and especially Hazlewood both did creditably, but is there much more to learn about either, really?

Not that Billings and Denly for Buttler and Morgan is any better. A downgrade of Veuve Cliquot to carbonated human piss proportions, in fact.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. yeah but England were obviously experimenting. And my PoV on Australia is that it is not so much about the players as it is about the roles. Finch, Warner, Smith, Maxwell, Starc, Zampa, Cummins are shoo-ins in my view. So you have to look at the spots that are up for grabs and then decide who fits best. #3 is an open slot - maybe Stoinis is the best fit. #6 is an open slot - maybe Mitch Marsh is the best. #7 and keeper - maybe Carey not cut out for bat 7 in T20s. 4th bowler - depending on conditions I guess but with WT20 in India, they may wanna give Agar a run as the second spinner. So I am coming at it from that angle.