• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - 10th-14th of September

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
LIke I said, a crap post to suit your own crappy bias.

While you keep posting your lies, here is the reality. The covid bubble was always set to be formed in Manchester as the players have to leave for the IPL and it was part of the requirement from the UAE Government for a bubble-to-bubble transfer. There were no other rules other than the country's own covid guidelines.

If the argument is that the boards should start having their own bubble requirements even if the country is open, it is a different debate and something that has to be approached with various other factors, including the players' own mental health and well being, considered. And it is something the ECB chief has talked about earlier, why you cannot always keep playing in bio-bubbles. But that has literally nothing to do with what happened here and to keep implying and stating it does shows you do not give a crap about anything here except hurling false accusations.
You haven’t even disagreed with me here. Probably need to read over it again

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
ECB - did not appear to have a "bubble" policy, with players like Butler coming and going from the squad all over the place.

Ravi Shastri - had a book signing with hundreds of people in close quarters and subsequently is the likely source.

BCCI would be unhappy about Shastri doing that but given the above point about ECB not having a bubble.

Just a **** show all around really but both boards should have been 100% clear that ravi shastri shouldn't have been allowed to pull that ****.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I take that back if anyone does have covid I wish them a speedy recovery.
Ipl is worth so much money I wouldn't be surprised if they paid off ecb to lie about positive tests

Window

U19 Debutant
Genuine question- how does not playing this test benefit the Indian players in playing the IPL? Don’t quite follow the logic there. I can understand the benefit from avoiding playing the delayed test match but what benefit is there from canceling the originally scheduled game?

Tom Flint

International Regular
Genuine question- how does not playing this test benefit the Indian players in playing the IPL? Don’t quite follow the logic there. I can understand the benefit from avoiding playing the delayed test match but what benefit is there from canceling the originally scheduled game?
Well there must be some logic in it as they were so desperate to scrap the test 6 months ago

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Guessing it’s a concern with flying into Dubai

Window

U19 Debutant
Well there must be some logic in it as they were so desperate to scrap the test 6 months ago
Well maybe something can be gleaned from the article from May where they wanted to cancel the 5th test if you were to share it.

Guessing it’s a concern with flying into Dubai
That’s not exactly clear. Do you mean Dubai would have forbade entry if they played the game? If so, why?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I really do think the ECB needs to wind its neck in slightly.

I'm as disappointed as the next man the series was prematurely truncated, and one feels immense sympathy for the Lancs board who presumably paid a lot of money to host the fifth test (and one hopes will be adequately reimbursed for) but test cricket largely runs on the goodwill and largesse of the BCCI.

If the next Indian skipper isn't so welded to the primacy of the longest format I very much doubt we'll see his charges tour Australia, England and (Covid willing) RSA in the same year again.

I mean, yes they've left early to protect the IPL, but the tournament makes the money that in 7 weeks effectively subsidises cricket as a whole. It's an uncomfortable truth, but no one wants to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Well maybe something can be gleaned from the article from May where they wanted to cancel the 5th test if you were to share it.

That’s not exactly clear. Do you mean Dubai would have forbade entry if they played the game? If so, why?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I really do think the ECB needs to wind its neck in slightly.

I'm as disappointed as the next man the series was prematurely truncated, and one feels immense sympathy for the Lancs board who presumably paid a lot of money to host the fifth test (and one hopes will be adequately reimbursed for) but test cricket largely runs on the goodwill and largesse of the BCCI.

If the next Indian skipper isn't so welded to the primacy of the longest format I very much doubt we'll see his charges tour Australia, England and (Covid willing) RSA in the same year again.

I mean, yes they've left early to protect the IPL, but the tournament makes the money that in 7 weeks effectively subsidises cricket as a whole. It's an uncomfortable truth, but no one wants to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
While going to sleep, I was wondering if England and the squad and the commentary panel would have been able to combine for an exhibition game. Probably best that they didn't, but nice thing to imagine.