• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Cook's series quite similar to Younis Khan's in England last year. Big difference that the series is gone obviously.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like Cook so much more than any of the Australian players

Great when he gets hard and fight. Love me some good hard Cook.

Spark

Global Moderator
What's the defence? That he had earned the right to be aggressive?
Apparently it was "the right shot, just badly executed", as if Ali hadn't hit almost every single one of his shots beforehand in the air near fielders without control.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Apparently it was "the right shot, just badly executed", as if Ali hadn't hit almost every single one of his shots beforehand in the air near fielders without control.
Tbf it was a half tracker. I had already foreseen worse potential dismissals during his innings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also just not true at all. Should've been looking to hit it a lot squarer, making it a different shot entirely.

Ultimately, there's probably a reason there's not a common name for the shot he played.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some bollocks about taking the attack to Australia. Because 20 off 15 balls will help us win this Test Match...
Nah **** that. He bats 45 minutes at that rate you’re a mile ahead in the game. He does what he’s been doing and he gets single figures after half an hour and achieves nothing, because Cook is going to keep on the way he’s going regardless.