• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's usually just football club nonsense from my experience.

I've lived in Aus and have been on safari in the Aus suburbs... you lot are no different.
I'll admit, the Southern Cross tattoo has exactly the same feeling to it. There just seems to be a greater randomness to the British attempts. Although we do seem to excel at having words scrawled indiscriminately across our bodies.

I lived in the UK for 2 and a bit years myself, but it was some time ago. Before tattoos became all the rage. The british tattoos I see now appear to have more of e Ye Olde feel about them though. I'd imagine, in many cases, they've had them for quite a while.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah **** that. He bats 45 minutes at that rate you’re a mile ahead in the game. He does what he’s been doing and he gets single figures after half an hour and achieves nothing, because Cook is going to keep on the way he’s going regardless.
The point is though that he would never have batted 45 minutes, because he kept hitting it in the air near fielders.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, he’s been hitting it in the air near fielders or getting lbw all series after occupying 30 balls and getting <10. If he was ever going to play the way he did, today was the right time.

hazsa19

International Regular
Nah **** that. He bats 45 minutes at that rate you’re a mile ahead in the game. He does what he’s been doing and he gets single figures after half an hour and achieves nothing, because Cook is going to keep on the way he’s going regardless.
There’s being positive and then there’s suicidal.

Burgey

I’d rather a bloke look to go down Bon Jovi than poke and prod like he’s been doing. I hope Root told him to go out and bat exactly as he did.

Gnske

Apparently it was "the right shot, just badly executed", as if Ali hadn't hit almost every single one of his shots beforehand in the air near fielders without control.
That's like what I say as a joke when it's such a terrible shot it's just confusing, "The shot was so on, he just hit it right to the fielder"

Good god Graeme.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've got absolutely no gripe with him going out there and deciding to be ultra-aggressive. Defending that shot he played as simply "poor execution" is silly, though. He didn't need to do anything crazy with it; it was a wide long hop. Just cut it ffs. I can't remember if there was a deep point but either way the aggressive option was lot to try and flash over short cover.

TheJediBrah

Nah, he’s been hitting it in the air near fielders or getting lbw all series after occupying 30 balls and getting <10. If he was ever going to play the way he did, today was the right time.
Exactly. 20 off 15 with the potential for more if he gets lucky is a lot better than scratching around for 5 and getting out trying to fend a bouncer

Burgey

TPC having a bad game thus far. A mere 70 and two dropped catches plus one over of pies.

Gnske

That's fine, but he didn't even give himself the chance to play an innings on that pitch.

"Well I've got no hope, might as well give it a few swings before my lack of utter skill is the ruin of me once more." Cook managed it way better yesterday and he was **** out of luck too before this innings.

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith's catching has deteriorated a bit over the last few years IMO. He used to swallow anything hit even vaguely near him.

Cow

Banned
Watching this game reminds me how terrible Aussie Rules Football is. Absolute clown shoes sport.

However, watching this game bring back glorious memories of inner-city Melbourne with its fantastic cobbled streets containing the best of Pan-European/East Asian settlers. I suspect the preferable thought of being at a French style cafe drinking an almond latte played on the minds of Vince and Malan when deciding not to review.