• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Both the Sibley dismissal and root overturned decision

Both needed hotspot. Why is not used in conjunction with ultraedge.

Is there an ICC reason for it not being used

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
ENgland have done well from pressuring the umpires yesterday. Learned from Kohli. To get both Rahane and Sharma lbw earlier I thought was very fortunate.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
?
I mean aren't we proven justified for that moaning.

Bairstow played decently in Sri Lanka with some important knocks that helped England win the series. He went from that to looking hopeless here in India. Why? Maybe sending someone home for a month between tests to rest and having a couple of nets in the days before this game isn't the best preparation for playing in these challenging conditions. Wouldn't it have been better if he played the first 4 tests of the winter, or the last 4?
This is fair but people were moaning that England were not picking their best side when Bairstow was pretty lucky even to be playing in Sri Lanka in the first place.

Window

U19 Debutant
Yeah I'm not sure what happened there. The front/side angles looked like bat first but the mid-on shot looks like pad first.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
it just looks like it deviates into the pad after passing the bat to me
It does do that, but I think the right side of the ball might have actually touched the pad before that happened.

No question he hit it or that it deviated, just whether it brushed the pad before any of that happened. I think it's really hard to tell.

Spark

Global Moderator
Both the Sibley dismissal and root overturned decision

Both needed hotspot. Why is not used in conjunction with ultraedge.

Is there an ICC reason for it not being used
because it's basically useless. the difficulty here was over the order, which hotspot tells us nothing about

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
LOL, putting pressure on the umpires
What do you know? The first umpiring error from the 3rd umpire actually helps England. :laugh:

Definite decision due to the dramaqueening of England trio yesterday.
LOL, true that.

Having neutral umpires is a win-win for everyone. When the umpires are from the home team, the visitors generally moan a little more than they generally would.

cnerd123

likes this
the mid-off angle made it look like pad first, what we really needed was snicko/ultra edge with that angle to clarify. Or hotspot even.

I figure if there is doubt it's not out, so in that sense it's the right call, but then also don't you need conclusive evidence to overturn the onfield call? In which case the evidence wasn't conclusive that it was not out either.

Difficult call. Either way, I'm not giving that out live. Ump had to be really sure it was pad first to give that.