• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Look I’m totally pro rank turners from time to time but a match that may not last even 2 days, and that largely due to the pitch is a bit much even for me. On day five, not that any Test match would last that long, this may make a solid WW1 trench.

Spark

Global Moderator
Look I’m totally pro rank turners from time to time but a match that may not last even 2 days, and that largely due to the pitch, is a bit much, even for me. On day five, not that any Test match would last that long, this may make a solid WW1 trench.
I definitely think this pitch will get cited by the ICC either way, whereas I wasn't so sure re: Chennai

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i thought he'd missed it by a fair bit on the first replay but it does line up well. gotta give those
Oh yeah was always gonna be given when it lined up as it did, just looked like a glove-type spike rather than an edge, and the glove was nowhere near it

Woodster

International Captain
The Sibley review and several others of this type dispel the myth that batsmen always know whether they’ve hit it or not, they clearly don’t!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tres theatrical
lol.. he was watching the big screen like everyone else. Its funny how its the same set of guys who keep talking about him and then go "team is better when Kohli is not there to grab all the attention".

On an unrelated note, the slips are all standing way too deep. Maybe they do think the pink ball comes across faster.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching this ****show and getting real Pune 2017 vibes. The fact Smith made 100 on that, even with the drops, was absolutely amazing. Can root do something similar?

Spark

Global Moderator
Watching this ****show and getting real Pune 2017 vibes. The fact Smith made 100 on that, even with the drops, was absolutely amazing. Can root do something similar?
this pitch is muuuuuch more difficult to bat on than pune 2017 was imo