• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

Stapel

International Regular
In no way these are easy bowling conditions. Yet, Ben Foakes is showing what one can do on this pitch: play for time, be patient, and put the occasional bad ball away. A bit unfortunate he is alone at it.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Well bowled Patel Bhai. Be interesting to see how his career pans out, if he becomes a regular long-term option or goes down the Pragyan Ojha route.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
WTC slipping away by the over. India these days look incapable of posting a big score in a Test match so as England creep to and beyond 300 I fear it will become out of reach. Such a shame. Hopefully the bowlers can pull it back somehow but as always, I'm sceptical.
Pessimism never fails to impress.

Now the game truly begins and who knows how we'll bat but at least the first innings has given a great opportunity.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Oh.

I was just admiring how well Crawley was batting then had to go to a meeting....

Conditions, good bowling or poor batting?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We will see how India do but I definitely have more concerns about this pitch than I did the last one. I think this one is going to be insane on day 3, unlike the last one. But hey, we will see.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh.

I was just admiring how well Crawley was batting then had to go to a meeting....

Conditions, good bowling or poor batting?
Batting was uninspired but weren't throwing their wickets away. The odd ball was turning enough to put the doubt in the mind against the arm ball which took the vast majority of the wickets. Also England have gone with a strategy to play back which is backfiring on a quicker pitch and bowlers who have chosen to bowl quicker also.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Still think A & A will be a handful on this pitch, even on day 1 session 1.

Crawley, though... :wub:
Called it less than half an hour into the play today.

England have to be careful here. Post this 20 min odd session here, there might well be dew and they have to think of how they can get batsmen out. They are NOT gonna just run in and swing it bananas and batsmen will get out. Most of this batting line up are free scoring too, and if they get on a roll, it maybe very very tough for them.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Crawley the lone bright spot but the rest look like they've checked out batting-wise. A little #intent could serve them well, can't go much worse than pottering around at 2 an over.