• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hope England don’t panic and make sweeping changes to the batting. Getting belted by a really good individual innings on a deck that subsequently crumbled is like India touring 101. Stick with the way they won the first test, have a bit of confidence.

Theyll need to play out of their skins to win but they’ve already done that once.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sweeping changes, but Burns and Lawrence don't look like scoring a run. Would definitely get Crawley and Bairstow in if they're ready.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It would have been so good for England had Moeen been available and you can play something like this:

Crawley/Burns
Sibley
Bairstow
Root (c)
Stokes
Moeen
Foakes
Woakes/Broad
Archer/Stone
Leach
Anderson

Covers most bases and lets face it, any team will absolutely LOVE if Root is your 7th bowling option.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ashwin-Axar-Umesh-Ishant-Bumrah

I think that will be a match winning bowling attack. Of course it misses Jadeja badly. They might consider playing Pandya as 3rd seamer to boost the batting.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I rate Crawley obviously but I might be tempted to give Burns one more go.

Umesh, if fit, can come in for the 4th test as others have said. For the pink ball, I feel Siraj will do very well.

hazsa19

International Regular
What a mess this Moeen situation is. If it was pre-arranged, it makes Roots comments about dropping Bess look a bit silly.

Kirkut

International Regular
England's best Xl

Moeen replaces Burns at the top
Baristow replaces Lawrence
Anderson replaces Broad

Moeen
Sibley
Baristow
Root
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess / Woakes
Leach
Stone
Anderson
I want both Broad and Anderson to bowl with the pink ball in tandem

D

Deleted member 38150

Pujara has been bought by CSK!
may be they thought they are forming the team for WTC final :)