• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

Shri

Mr. Glass
wouldn't pick agarwal or shaw unless they have worked on and fixed their massive bat pad gap when playing any shot

Shri

Mr. Glass
vihari's fitness test was yesterday

can't find news about the results of that

if gill is injured and vihari is fit, i'd open with vihari and rohit

vihari
rohit
pujara
kohli
rahane
pant
ashwin
axar
ishant
siraj
bumrah

sunilz

International Regular
vihari's fitness test was yesterday

can't find news about the results of that

if gill is injured and vihari is fit, i'd open with vihari and rohit

vihari
rohit
pujara
kohli
rahane
pant
ashwin
axar
ishant
siraj
bumrah
Agrawal and Rohit. He has very high average in IND. Give him a chance

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Whoever is picked needs to have a chance of succeeding in England, slim as it's bound to be, a few months from now. Too tight a schedule for a horses-for-courses selection policy.

Robbie

U19 12th Man
Y I wouldn't be surprised if "Bess probably shouldn't play all four Tests judging by how rekt he looked in the second innings" was part of the rationale for it.
The rational given by Root was that he's young and he's got time to have a think about things and work on his game, and has got every chance to come back into the set up all the stronger one day.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tough calls at the top of the order, what with Bairstow being good against spin but vulnerable to the quicks and Crawley being the opposite. I'm quite relaxed about Bess coming back in. He's shown he can take wickets on one of his good days, and if his radar goes AWOL from time to time, Root's a more than adequate alternative. I don't think that four RFM bowlers is a good idea unless our hosts are kind enough to prepare a green top.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
8 days should be enough time to get Gill back fit, unless there is a fracture. And Mayank is a reasonable replacement anyways.

I am afraid the pitch may become the worst of both worlds if they try to leave too much grass on. I expect a typical Indian wicket now with some grass on it for the pink ball demands but nothing huge. And Ashwin enjoys bounce on the track as much as any other bowler.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't think that four RFM bowlers is a good idea unless our hosts are kind enough to prepare a green top.
its not about the green top

the pink ball in australia had a pronounced seam that never really softened enough and the ball nipped around throughout

it might not be a totally terrible idea

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
8 days should be enough time to get Gill back fit, unless there is a fracture. And Mayank is a reasonable replacement anyways.

I am afraid the pitch may become the worst of both worlds if they try to leave too much grass on. I expect a typical Indian wicket now with some grass on it for the pink ball demands but nothing huge. And Ashwin enjoys bounce on the track as much as any other bowler.
Yeah I think Indians thrive on bounce these days. Without much swing on offer.

Also I understand Motera at this time doesn't have much dew issues (it's more of a dry heat). First session bowling will be tough with temperatures going near 37 degrees or even higher

Shri

Mr. Glass
playing in dry heat is more dangerous if you don't hydrate yourself correctly but doesn't make you as tired as playing in high humidity