• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wont happen and neither will a Carberry return

Pick Hales or another youngish player as at least they have potential

grecian

Cook and Jimmeh can't handle someone better-looking then them in the England team, only reason Compo was dropped in the first-place. Now it's Lyth in there, I think this conspiracy theory has legs.....

social

Cook and Jimmeh can't handle someone better-looking then them in the England team, only reason Compo was dropped in the first-place. Now it's Lyth in there, I think this conspiracy theory has legs.....
Guess that rules Wayne Rooney out

91Jmay

International Coach
I would still give Lyth one more go, I don't like using 14 players in 4 tests. I doubt he comes good but his hundred against NZ was class and the style of player we want.

Hales killed Bears in 50 over stuff the other day so he is striking it well, might be a decent option.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I would still give Lyth one more go, I don't like using 14 players in 4 tests. I doubt he comes good but his hundred against NZ was class and the style of player we want.

Hales killed Bears in 50 over stuff the other day so he is striking it well, might be a decent option.
We'll have used 14 by next Test anyway given that Anderson is out. Unless Wood comes back in for him I guess

social

Just a number

Players are either good enough or have the potential to be so

I'm happy for Oz to pick MMarsh/Starc as I think they are in the latter category

To me, Lyth/Voges look like ordinary players that have happened to have one good season late in their careers and probably wont amount to much in test terms

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Clarke drop fairly cost us a shot at a decent game. Would have been interesting to see Bairstow coming in at 51/3.