• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Way to throw away a massive advantage. From memory, there have been 3 absolute gifts, and one guy who simply isn't very good at this level. Beyond them, Cook was unlucky and two of the guys were Johnsoned this morning. Jimmy must be wondering wtf he bothered.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really has been a schoolboy performance from England. Any decent side should have all but the game sewn up after Australia's innings, and certainly would have done the way Australia have bowled.

A hammering has turned into a contest.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder if the 3rd ump could have asked for the previous appeal's hawkeye to be replayed and compared them, and kept Butler as out if he viewed hawkeye had it wrong

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I'm glad they checked the lbw as well. Is this a new development? I seem to remember a similar incident where they only checked for the catch but didn't check the lbw, presumably because the original review was "for the catch" or whatever that means.
yeah me too, iirc in the pak-sri lanka series there was such a decision where it was not out for caught but out by lbw and was not given

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I'm glad they checked the lbw as well. Is this a new development? I seem to remember a similar incident where they only checked for the catch but didn't check the lbw, presumably because the original review was "for the catch" or whatever that means.
yeah me too, iirc in the pak-sri lanka series there was such a decision where it was not out for caught but out by lbw and was not given

harsh.ag

Why wasn't that reviewed by England? Who the **** are you preserving the reviews for??

Please keep Lyon on. This is too much fun

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Does Buttler just not fancy it against these guys? I remember his walking for a really faint nick in one of the previous tests.

OverratedSanity

It was so dumb. Like how are you supposed to specify for what you're appealing for? Why should that even be necessary? Good that it's seemingly been changed.

Spikey

I think this has been a thing almost since the start, but sometimes they don't check for both

Son Of Coco

Broad has the appearance of someone who does a quick mental check to see if he's still got all his bits after each Johnson delivery.