• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
I don't think it matters too much what sort of bowlers you pick, provided that your seamers can bowl straight and you have a quality spinner.
Poor poor England.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
I think it's more problematic for England, given that Shane Warne is a pretty good bowler. To pick MacGill Australia would need to have picked five bowlers or dropped Clark or Lee, which is a pretty tough choice to make.

When Adelaide falls apart it tends to be very hard to play the quicks as well, because there's uneven bounce and so on. In 03/04 for instance against India it came apart pretty badly on the fourth day and it was Agarkar who took 6 wickets, even though Kumble and Tendulkar were turning it heaps. I don't think it matters too much what sort of bowlers you pick, provided that your seamers can bowl straight and you have a quality spinner.
You're just taking the Mickey Bliss now, aren't you? :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Clark is a gun! Both the openers gone. I told you that Clark shouldn't be dropped. 2/5 after 5 overs. Amazing player. MacGill is good but you can't drop a player in this magnificent form!

chalky

International Debutant
Another point I believe is that when Australia arn't taking wickets they can keep the runrate down. Something they couldn't do in 2005 and something england won't be able to do now.

As I say Cook goes caught behind

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Healy's been consistently chastising Cook for not going after the balls pitched up. Then goes "one of the greatest set-ups" when Coook edges a drive.

Craig

World Traveller
Turned the TV off now and will comeback later.

Typical England, only they know how to throw it away on a good batting pitch. You may as wel;l have bowled first.

(rant over)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
England have been caught out a little bit by the fact that the wicket is a bit slow, but really this is still a 400+ pitch, it just requires a little bit more concentration. Clark has bowled extremely well too. I think he's put to bed all the accusations of only being good on lively wickets with his last two performances.

Strange that his FC average is about 30. He's looked like a much better bowler than that during his test career so far.

Anyway, if England lose another one before lunch they're in massive trouble.

chalky

International Debutant
BoyBrumby said:
Have to say Warney's bald spot's not looking any smaller. Come on Advanced Hair Studios, raise your game.
I think they will be doing better buisness this winter with England fans pulling their hair out:)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bell looking a little uncomfortable last over, didn't have a clue against warne last over.

chalky

International Debutant
Where the bloody hell has Clark came from? I thought Brad Williams was the new Mcgrath:) can we not get him back into the team instead?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

That was the most beautiful delivery of the day, what a leg break. This is why I love test cricket.

haroon510

International 12th Man
no Monty Panesar
i am supprised i thought he is going to make it in place of ashly Giles or anderson

good start from clark again