• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also, why are they fawning over a chubby woman in the stands? I've seen at least five better just this morning in the audience.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When England lose this match, and Warne takes 10 Fletchers decision to leave Monty out will be equal to, or worse that Ponting & Hussains "We'll have a bat mate". Surely he must go after the ashes.

Matteh

Personally i'm a shade worried Clark wil take 5, and i'll have to do some avatar changing.

cameeel

International Captain
silentstriker said:
TBH, I think even Lara might be flummoxed by that leg break. What a beauty. Unplayable.
Fair enough, but what about the two sliders Bell has completely missed? - I don't know how that second one didn't dismiss him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Clark has been amazing. Accuracy of McGrath but 5-10km/h faster, and a bit more bounce. Warne making Bell look like a tool.

social

Back in the UAE, massively jet-lagged and hungover

As usual, the imbeciles here have fwarked up and not connected the cricket channel despite it being ordered and paid for weeks ago so I'll be living thru cricinfo & u guys until business opens at about midday

However, their incompetence pails into insignificance when compared to Fletcher & co.

800 for ten wickets and no changes! They should remove personal bias and select teams on merit for a change - who knows, such a revolutionary strategy might work

cameeel

International Captain
Run rate since Strauss went out: 1.40

England are being dominated - they need to start scoring before someone plays a rash shot.

Johnners

2-58 at the Lunch break. England right under the pump with some top bowling from all, especially Clark & Warne. Interestingly enough, the rr is only 2.07, showing just how much Australia is on top.

Goes without saying that Bell is, but Collingwoods clearly absolutely petrified of Warne too.

Employs a pre meditated French cricket defensive block to every single ball. No doubt Fletcher will say he played him well. :laugh:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bell looking absolutely hopeless early in his innings again. Can't believe he's still out there.

The bowling has been remarkable so I'm not too concerned about England's run rate. The obvious hope is that as the day goes on things will become a little easier and the bowling will get worse. It's better to get to lunch at 2/58 than be 3/70.

Having said that, it is the first innings and they do need to be vaguely positive, particularly against Warne and Lee, who are bowlers that find things a hell of a lot easier when the batsmen aren't playing shots against them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nnanden said:
Clark has been amazing. Accuracy of McGrath but 5-10km/h faster, and a bit more bounce. Warne making Bell look like a tool.
Its about 10 years too early to be making that comparison.

Dravid

International Captain
Happy to see McGrath was fit in time to play for this match, even though Collingwood just straight drived him for 4