• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd ODI at Old Trafford

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well, this is awkward.

Time for Jos to shine.

I have my "I hate you, Buttler" line ready to go when he jibs it. #seventiessitcomreferences

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well, this is awkward.

Time for Jos to shine.

I have my "I hate you, Buttler" line ready to go when he jibs it. #seventiessitcomreferences
It does slightly worry me that you have any recollection of 'On the buses'.

Barring something extraordinary, this one's as good as over, so I might as well ponder the bowling. Until today, I'd always figured that the side that was fivenil'd at home to Sri Lanka in 2006 had the worst ODI attack we've ever put in the park. Today's must be even worse, or at least a serious contender though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Barring something extraordinary, this one's as good as over, so I might as well ponder the bowling. Until today, I'd always figured that the side that was fivenil'd at home to Sri Lanka in 2006 had the worst ODI attack we've ever put in the park. Today's must be even worse, or at least a serious contender though.
Nah, nothing will ever be that bad. Ever.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Nah, it's not good, but Tredwell is decent, and Finn and Rankin are serviceable at times. It doesn't have Irani or Salisbury in either, so can't be that bad.

This one pretty bad considering Embers must have been in his dotage at the time.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloody hell.

I know I should be used to it and all, but the sheer boneheaded ineptitude does still grate after all these years.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Looking awesome, is Johnson. Pace, bounce, movement, all boxes ticked.

Must be so frustrating for the selectors. They know he can bowl like this, he just doesn't do it more than once in the proverbial azure luna.
Johnson's always been a quality ODI bowler to be fair.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Finn to have some ODI fun against Australia again. Always makes up for a massive twaddling.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah well, would have liked a ton, not a bad effort though, but not anything to write home about.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Amazing how we managed to look short on batting as well as bowling, despite picking a team where Ravi has to bowl 10.

Fair play to Jos tho; nice to finally see what he's about.

& a sad, stattoish thought too: does Trott's dismissal count as a golden duck? He went to his first legitimate delivery, but Johnson had sent down a wide to him the ball before.