• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know people will say England have won the series but this is why I think it’s too early to say their Test Cricket had turned the corner. What Bairstow did in the last test was amazing but you can’t expect that to happen every test. If they are just going to play white ball cricket in Tests then on balance I expect them to lose more than they win
Nobody with a brain said it had. We still have exactly the same problems as the winter, no openers and a dodgy number 3. Plus we rely on 2 pensioners with the ball. We may get short term success but it is being built on quicksand and will fall apart very quickly as it has today.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
What an unbelievable way to get back down to earth. Crazy stuff, this sport is unpredictable

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know people will say England have won the series but this is why I think it’s too early to say their Test Cricket had turned the corner. What Bairstow did in the last test was amazing but you can’t expect that to happen every test. If they are just going to play white ball cricket in Tests then on balance I expect them to lose more than they win
I think most England fans here were always pretty sanguine about it all, in the end we just enjoyed Root and Bairstows heroics, but yeah we know that Crawley and Lees aren't test openers, Pope isn't a number 3, and Foakes isn't great.

EDIT: Oh and I ****ing hate Stokes playing just as a batsman, play if you are fully fit, don't bother else, as he ever scored runs when he hasn't the safety net as a bowler.

Preed

U19 12th Man
has Stokes totally lost the plot .This is a test match not a one day game.No excuse for that approach and don’t excuse it because of the previous test.I think this new approach should be tempered with common sense. Totally shocked at the insult to the spectators

Flametree

International 12th Man
Yeah Trent Bridge was flat as anything, and the ball wasn't swinging. A bit different when it's a new ball doing something...

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
has Stokes totally lost the plot .This is a test match not a one day game.No excuse for that approach and don’t excuse it because of the previous test.I think this new approach should be tempered with common sense. Totally shocked at the insult to the spectators
Someone set his attack to 10/10 and forget that this is a test match...unlike the previous one. Clean slate.

Unless you're Sehwag or Blackwood, you don't need to play like this. You don't need to score 290 in 40 overs to win the game.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Bowl England out, bat again, score 200+ at least in the second dig and we'll be all sweet