• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The way they're treating Ajaz is unfathomable. Honestly think this should be investigated. Doesn't sound right at all to me.
The ridiculous thing is that the Netherlands have used a 19 year-old Kiwi who is yet to play a 1st class game and he is probably a better spinner than the bloke who is our 4th bowler in this game. Nothing against Macewell (and I hope he does well). What is Stead doing?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not much to add that hasn't already been said, but NZ's is an absurdly conservative selection for a dead rubber test.

Probably win, like, but that's beside the point.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I was going to say Latham is going to get a double and we'll bare minimum score 550 but then it doesn't go to script does it ever?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not much to add that hasn't already been said, but NZ's is an absurdly conservative selection for a dead rubber test.

Probably win, like, but that's beside the point.
It would be a cowardly but possibly logical choice to select only 3.5 bowlers and see out a draw if up 1-0 in the series. When you've already lost the series and should have nothing further to lose, it's absurd.

Meridio

International Regular
Having the same problem. Works on Spark Sport channel 1.
Talked to them on Live Chat. After a bunch of palaver about what gen Chromecast I have and blah blah blah they said their tech team found a fault with Chromecast and they've resolved it. Told me to log out then log back in of my account. Did so. It now won't play, says 'Spark Sport is only available in New Zealand'. Again, literally any other content (highlights, netball, rugby etc) plays fine.

Useless ****s. Almost as bad as Latham against good pace bowling.

nzfan

Pretty much Steady thinking we're already one batsman short even before we start I think. Otherwise still can't come to grips with this side.

Meridio

International Regular
Talked to them on Live Chat. After a bunch of palaver about what gen Chromecast I have and blah blah blah they said their tech team found a fault with Chromecast and they've resolved it. Told me to log out then log back in of my account. Did so. It now won't play, says 'Spark Sport is only available in New Zealand'. Again, literally any other content (highlights, netball, rugby etc) plays fine.

Useless ****s. Almost as bad as Latham against good pace bowling.
And yet I can play it on my laptop fine.

Meridio

International Regular
I've said this before on here, but I always hated it when there was a leg slip in. What should be free runs suddenly becomes risky business. Despite all the commentary hoohah I don't think you deliberately bowl for that dismissal, but if your new ball bowlers are attacking the stumps it's a good position to have imo

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It is almost like a trial for the Pakistan tour.(Ajaz will definitely play there and Henry definitely won't, so testing out the options). But doing it in a test match!

nzfan

Imagine if you're an opener on a deck like this and you bag a duck. Your team only gets to bat once. That's tough and a cruel game at times

jcas0167

International Debutant
And yet I can play it on my laptop fine.
Yeah, I was getting a message it was only avail if you were in NZ. The chatbot was telling me I might have to tell my internet provider to change my details. I had to go use a workaround and go into Channels then try Spark sport 1. That is allowing me to watch it and cast.

Latham having a Mark Taylor style trot at the moment.