• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Usually if you're playing a dead rubber it's a chance to bring in a few different/younger players to try to get something out of the series, but extremely unlikely NZ will do anything like that (Tickner and Cleaver the only two in the squad who might fit that bill).

Galling for Wagner to get a game only after the series is gone but I still look forward to seeing what he offers here. Tempting to leave out one of Southee and Henry for Ajaz too, provided that Williamson will bowl him more than 2 overs.

Have a feeling they'll fit Macewell into the side somehow instead of a bowler, but imo if they really want him to play then Nicholls should sit out. Nicholls has been a disappointment in recent times, but still has something to offer imo if he can get back to playing gritty/stubborn innings like he used to.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
On current form no question, Nicholls should be the one to miss out (if they’re set on playing Macewell as allrounder - though would be a good step if they are prepared to play 7 batsmen and give Mitchell some bowling). Good player but so far hasn’t been able to make the step up to senior pro as well as he could have. Worth remembering that he did score a century against the South Africans three tests ago though.

Harsh to judge on one test after his great showing in the home season but Henry as 3rd/4th seamer just doesn’t work well. Wagner and Patel to round out the attack. Wonder how much more of Wagner we’ll see as I imagine he’s a far from likely starter in the Pakistan tests.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Can we beat England in a close game plz?

I think a lot of us would rather that sort of win than a hollow thrashing; though at this point, any win would be great.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can we beat England in a close game plz?

I think a lot of us would rather that sort of win than a hollow thrashing; though at this point, any win would be great.
I don't want them to win a close game, I want to grind them into the dust. I want Kane, Devon and will young to score double centuries and then Mitchell to score the fastest test century ever for Lols. Then I want each bowler to take 5 wickets each for **** all runs and win by an innings and 900 runs. **** this close entertaining match business, we had that for two tests. I want revenge.

Meridio

International Regular
Anyone else not able to get Chromecast to work for this? Can open spark app, start casting. Literally any other content works fine. Try and cast this live test and it just goes back to the splash screen. Really cbf chasing spark about this, the fact everything else is working suggests something wrong at their end

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So neither Henry or Ajaz and our bowling attack is just Southee/Boult/Wagner + Macewell and Mitchell's parttimers.

Weird to stack the batting lineup like that, surely would make more sense to play a frontline bowler in Ajaz instead of Macewell.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So neither Henry or Ajaz and our bowling attack is just Southee/Boult/Wagner + Macewell and Mitchell's parttimers.

Weird to stack the batting lineup like that, surely would make more sense to play a frontline bowler in Ajaz instead of Macewell.
Hard to see that attack taking 20 wickets.
Very imbalanced looking XI

jcas0167

International Debutant
Anyone else not able to get Chromecast to work for this? Can open spark app, start casting. Literally any other content works fine. Try and cast this live test and it just goes back to the splash screen. Really cbf chasing spark about this, the fact everything else is working suggests something wrong at their end
Having the same problem. Works on Spark Sport channel 1.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
what the **** is this side? ooh, it's a dead rubber, let's try to injure our quicks

Though it will be an interesting test to compare the batters, and to (hopefully) give Mitchell some overs

Howsie

International Captain
I’ve all but given up on this set up and team with Stead and co running things but what in the **** is this bowling attack.

So Michael Bracewell and all of his 10 first class wickets over 10 years is a better bowler than Ajaz Patel now….

Would someone put this drongo out of his misery. He’s completely run this team into the ground just like I thought he would 3 years ago

nzfan

Love to be proved wrong but are they going with a mindset to draw or lose? We have taken 30 wickets so far and needed more bowlers than batters. We get 3 bowlers and 1 part time bowler.

On a flat deck why do we need 8 batters? This probably is even more a flat deck than the previous one.

The way they're treating Ajaz is unfathomable. Honestly think this should be investigated. Doesn't sound right at all to me.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I’ve all but given up on this set up and team with Stead and co running things but what in the **** is this bowling attack.

So Michael Bracewell and all of his 10 first class wickets over 10 years is a better bowler than Ajaz Patel now….

Would someone put this drongo out of his misery. He’s completely run this team into the ground just like I thought he would 3 years ago
Howsie rant = fair

nzfan

Ideally we shouldn't lose this game, 8 batters on this deck means we can bat and bat and bat as long as we want. We have even won the tods. They don't even have Anderson and we have 8 batters.

England will also bat and bat and bat but they may try and do something out of the ordinary like they did the last test. That may play into our hands I'm hoping.

Shows how much we trust our batting order or they don't reckon Bracewell can bat. I think it's the former

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A stat to console the wounded NZer:

Richard Hadlee still has more fifers than Jimmy Anderson in half as many tests.

nzfan

Any reason NZ don't pick Ravindra? Scored big in the county championship.
He can't make any black caps squad. They may even take him out of nz A. Probably a scape goat for the bad cricket played by seasoned players vs Bangladesh.