• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

ashley bach

International Captain
Probably not the most encouraging start for Des Hasler's tenure at the Titans.
Without David Fifita playing they're going nowhere in a hurry.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it's only the first game of the season, but having caught up on the Eels vs Bulldogs game, I have a couple of questions:

1) Who leads their attack? They have a 6 and 7, neither of whom seems to take charge, and an inexperienced no.1. Not a great spine.

2) Does Burton have a purpose at 5/8 apart from booting it roof high at the end of a set?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
our pack is way waaaaay too small and our bench even smaller but that our spine isn't critta-burto-***bomb-mahoney is just so infuriating man
Might help if your biggest starting forward had a dig coming out of your end instead of Fifita-ing it up and only running hard 20 out from the other side’s line.

Burgey

I know it's only the first game of the season, but having caught up on the Eels vs Bulldogs game, I have a couple of questions:

1) Who leads their attack? They have a 6 and 7, neither of whom seems to take charge, and an inexperienced no.1. Not a great spine.

2) Does Burton have a purpose at 5/8 apart from booting it roof high at the end of a set?
Yeah I think tbf it was Hutch’s first game at the club but would have been good to have him take a bit of charge. Then again they had very little ball til about 60 minutes in. I think Parra was completing at about 90% at one point and had over 65% of the ball.

I do think Burton plays too laterally though. I still think he’s really a centre, though it might even be worth tossing him to full back and tell him to run ffs.
I thought the Dogs’ winger was very game today. Small body but had a red hot go and scored their second try iirc.

Julian87

State Captain
Hudson Young is such a filthy mongrel. Only took 20 mins to get his season going in it's usual direction.

#That cheap shot on Ponga was about as blatant as you'll ever see.
this is a horrible take.

there was nothing in it until it was in super slowmo. Young was sprinting trying to catch up, Ponga got clipped, changed course/pace and they collided. Shouldn’t have been a bin.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Yeah I think tbf it was Hutch’s first game at the club but would have been good to have him take a bit of charge. Then again they had very little ball til about 60 minutes in. I think Parra was completing at about 90% at one point and had over 65% of the ball.

I do think Burton plays too laterally though. I still think he’s really a centre, though it might even be worth tossing him to full back and tell him to run ffs.
I thought the Dogs’ winger was very game today. Small body but had a red hot go and scored their second try iirc.
tbf hard for burto to really get anything going when we’ve got such a small pack

we’re going to get dominated up front every game lol

Burgey

Yeah but I’m still not convinced he’s a half tbh. Not sure why they haven’t bought a few big boppers tbh

Kraken

International 12th Man
Haha the tip of the round was surely the dragons at +6.5 to beat the titans, easy money. We were always going to win with Fifita out

ashley bach

International Captain
this is a horrible take.

there was nothing in it until it was in super slowmo. Young was sprinting trying to catch up, Ponga got clipped, changed course/pace and they collided. Shouldn’t have been a bin.
Yeah I get the slow mo made it look worse but Hudson would have a cheap shot at anything given half a chance.

Kraken

International 12th Man
our pack is way waaaaay too small and our bench even smaller but that our spine isn't critta-burto-***bomb-mahoney is just so infuriating man
I think you’ll be alright once you get some decent big bois, but until then you’ll be bottom 4

Tart

U19 Debutant
this is a horrible take.

It was a late shoulder to the head, new rules that’s always gonna be a bin

it does look muuuuuuuuch worse on slo Mo than it actually was in full speed