• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf to Hayne, he did put up some pretty stellar numbers in a number of seasons where he was surrounded by complete dross and coached by numpties (apologies to Burgey)

IMO, the problem with Hayne and the Titans are twofold

Firstly, in order to justify his salary, he needs to be going great guns in either the halves or at fullback i.e. a position where he can influence the outcome of matches. Unfortunately, 6 has never been his best position and he is either not fit enough or sufficiently motivated to put in a consistent shift at fullback

As it stands, he is just a grossly overpaid outside back

Secondly, he has allegedly never been the greatest trainer and has always had a habit of drifting in and out of games.

Say what you like about the Titans but their attitude before he arrived was first class even in defeat. Now, it's **** and it looks like some of them are following his example

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the word is it's not just Hayne who's had a bad relationship with Henry, but a number of other players too.

What is it about the Gold Coast and its sporting teams? Doesn't seem to matter what the code, the players always treat it like a holiday or a retirement village where they mail in their performances.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Was it always like that? I was too young to be paying close attention to the Seagulls but I always got the impression they were a workmanlike team with limited firepower.

social

Gold Coast sporting franchises have all been affected by mismanagement (and a lot of bad luck) at some point

The Seagulls (and its various incarnations) were basically a badly managed retirement village throughout its history

In the case of the Titans, Michael Searle did a great job in obtaining the licence and in the early days but ran the thing into the ground with a series of questionable "investments"

The Gold Coast Bears ultimately had to move to Brisbane and were saved by the AFL

The Suns were given a golden opportunity and have been unlucky with injuries to players like Ablett and O'Meara but questionable recruitment and coaching appointments have done them more harm

Less said about basketball, the better

Sad thing is that the facilities are as good as anywhere and the public has shown that they will support teams if they at least put up a semblance of an effort

Burgey

Been up in the deep north today for work. Wish I was staying tonight for the blockbuster at Lang Park. If the juggernaut can get over Brisbane away they should make the top four. Be massive, though I'm not convinced going away to Melbourne week one of the finals with a second chance would be any more beneficial than finishing fifth and having a home semi vs a hapless Manly or Dragons though.

Gnske

Well, beat Melbourne and you can be premiers I say, especially when they seem to peaking.

Burgey

Pinch me. I'm dreaming.

Parra's backs are so good when they click. But when they're a fraction off they're a park side.

Last edited:

Spikey

Not sure whether to put this here or in the Aus Pol thread, but it's insane that the NSW government is still no closer to sorting out the stadiums fiasco

Burgey

The juggernaut playing $5 to beat Melbourne in Bleak City this week. Am on.

Burgey

Yeah been a tough few weeks for the Panthers mate. Hope they get up and about and give it to UnManly.

Gnske

What an excellent crowd that was for the Broncos and Roosters game last night, only 3/4 of the stands were empty.

Burgey

Great effort from the parra blokes in Melbourne his arvo. Unlucky to lose but had their chances. Hope to play hem again.

Burgey

Pretty gripping first weekend of finals all round. Jeez Cronulla ballsed that up yesterday. Didn't deserve to win it.

Likewise Parra on Saturday arvo. There's always a couple of calls in a game of footy which can go either way, but when you drop the ball three consecutive times coming out of your own end you just ask good sides to put you away, and Melbourne did.

Am hoping the Cowboys are rat-arsed after yesterday so Parra do a number on them, but jeez they're brave. Had every rifht to turn up their toes after losing the players they have through the season, but they just keep turning up.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, was a great watch the Sharks/Cowboys game. Cowboys brave and lacked execution, Sharks undisciplined and the whole game just seemed crazy.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think Parra will win but the Cows have to be beaten. Amazing effort this year considering their injuries.