• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh please. Canterbury booked their end of season trip for early September as long ago as February. A mere speed bump on the six lane highway to the inevitable premiership this year

Flem274*

123/5
Oh please. Canterbury booked their end of season trip for early September as long ago as February. A mere speed bump on the six lane highway to the inevitable premiership this year
now post what you said on fb

tbf not wrong. can't be losing to that outfit.

Flem274*

123/5
origin was good fun in a dismal season for phlegm69420. don't think i've ever been so down about the warriors.

at least the sharks game was a bit better but we won't improve until we have an owner who describes himself as a massive warriors tragic who wants some championships and not an "alpha male".

Shady Slim

International Coach
one wonders if a side that loses to a mick potter coached side could ever win a title lol

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the pass to murray from luai was forward as well tbf so freddy should probably not throw stones
Yeah, there were a number of passes that were forward I think.

A key indicator of how the reffing was going to go came early in the game when Klein warned players 'not to go early', and by the time the ball was played, the player standing next to him was a metre in front of him. At that point it was obvious there wouldn't be many penalities.

It shouldn't have taken NSW 80 minutes to figure out QLD were able to hold them down in tackles for longer too. Surely you'd adjust and test out what the boundaries are yourself? There's no point complaining afterwards.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't understand how NSW were favourites for game one tbh. IUf Qld could have chosen two players to miss the NSW side, they'd have picked Turbo and Latrell.

Crighton at 17 for NSW was bizarre as well. He covers 3 and 4. That;'s it. Sure he's played some fullback but there were better options around imo

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't understand how NSW were favourites for game one tbh. IUf Qld could have chosen two players to miss the NSW side, they'd have picked Turbo and Latrell.

Crighton at 17 for NSW was bizarre as well. He covers 3 and 4. That;'s it. Sure he's played some fullback but there were better options around imo
Yeah, I think I heard Johns saying before the game started that he wasn't sure how Crichton would get into the game.

Shady Slim

International Coach

tupou was a terribad pick, wighton was a terribad pick who played okay, staggs was a pick out of necessity, i said the same

Kraken

International 12th Man
tupou was a terribad pick, wighton was a terribad pick who played okay, staggs was a pick out of necessity, i said the same
Haha what? Normally I like your takes, but this one is pretty off tbh. Tupou was easily one of our best, Wighton was our best (admittedly Staggs wasn’t great, but I would’ve had cricthon over him to begin). The forwards is where we lost that game 100%, and it was quite obvious that we missed Turbo and Latrell badly, also an option off the bench to replace cook

Kraken

International 12th Man
My game 2 17:

1: Teddy
2: Tupou
3: Staggs (one more chance)
4: Wighton
5: To’o
6: Luai
7: Cleary
8: Haas
9: Korisau
10: Paulo
11: Murray
12: Angus Crichton
13: Yeo
14: Hynes
15: Martin
16: Jake T
17: RCG

Shady Slim

International Coach
Haha what? Normally I like your takes, but this one is pretty off tbh. Tupou was easily one of our best, Wighton was our best (admittedly Staggs wasn’t great, but I would’ve had cricthon over him to begin). The forwards is where we lost that game 100%, and it was quite obvious that we missed Turbo and Latrell badly, also an option off the bench to replace cook
tupou definitely wasn't one of our best, the man was brought in to outjump the mighty coates (in spite of his dildo-hands) and then couldn't even outjump the much smaller holmes. take away that and he's a lanky winger who loses the ruck which you just can't do in origin

wighton had a solid game but because it fits my priors better i think gagai just had a shocker defensively (look to the go at tackling him on the try as an example), though in any event even if he played well it doesn't necessarily mean he's good enough for this level. like i said re staggs he was more picked out of necessity bc as u point out we missed turbo and trell hard - staggs was always going to do what he did (massively overrated). btw, curious as to why you've left cook out of your team for game ii?

Kraken

International 12th Man
tupou definitely wasn't one of our best, the man was brought in to outjump the mighty coates (in spite of his dildo-hands) and then couldn't even outjump the much smaller holmes. take away that and he's a lanky winger who loses the ruck which you just can't do in origin

wighton had a solid game but because it fits my priors better i think gagai just had a shocker defensively (look to the go at tackling him on the try as an example), though in any event even if he played well it doesn't necessarily mean he's good enough for this level. like i said re staggs he was more picked out of necessity bc as u point out we missed turbo and trell hard - staggs was always going to do what he did (massively overrated). btw, curious as to why you've left cook out of your team for game ii?
haha man over 200m and 80 PCM is pretty good, plus the one time they actually kicked to him, he set up teddy (that was line ball and gets let go in the nrl). In regards to the ruck you may have a point - but we all lost the ruck really so I think it’s unfair to target just him lol

wighton isn’t a centre, but he’s definitely good enough for this level, he’s a dally m and clive Churchill medallist ffs.And I left cook out cause I really don’t rate him - Korisau just pairs well with all the riff lads.