• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I'd group him with Munster, Luai, Walker and Brown

I reckon the roosters or manly might take a shot at him when he's off contract at the end of next year. He's better than whatever the doggies are paying him

Shady Slim

International Coach
That may or may not be the case, but the kid is a natural centre. He's better there than he is at six.
he's wasted on an island in the centres though, you want to have him getting as much ball as possible imho

Yeah, I'd group him with Munster, Luai, Walker and Brown

I reckon the roosters or manly might take a shot at him when he's off contract at the end of next year. He's better than whatever the doggies are paying him
we've got the coin to re-up him too tbf, we've only got him on the cheap because we signed him before he took off

mr_mister

Hel be a big fish in a small bond at the dogs, they're still not making the 8 anytime soon despite the last few weeks

Your only other star player is a winger

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why would he want to stay there though? Seriously, there are a number of other clubs in a better position to build towards the eight than the flea bags. He'll end up belted out of the game if he stays there because they literally have no other players anyone has to worry about targeting.

And they're just the most awful sporting organisation in Australia. Worse than Collingwood, the ARU, the FFA. Everyone. Genuinely would have been the best thing to ever happen to the sport if they'd been turfed in/around the time of Super League. They're a blight on the sport.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Why would he want to stay there though? Seriously, there are a number of other clubs in a better position to build towards the eight than the flea bags. He'll end up belted out of the game if he stays there because they literally have no other players anyone has to worry about targeting.

And they're just the most awful sporting organisation in Australia. Worse than Collingwood, the ARU, the FFA. Everyone. Genuinely would have been the best thing to ever happen to the sport if they'd been turfed in/around the time of Super League. They're a blight on the sport.
brother i’m not migara bait this bad isn’t gonna work
Hel be a big fish in a small bond at the dogs, they're still not making the 8 anytime soon despite the last few weeks

Your only other star player is a winger
with kikau and mahoney coming next year we will make the four imho, and we’ve got that sweet sweet laundy money to come in as a top up

mr_mister

Kikau is rocks and diamonds and Mahoney has been kinda subpar this year. I'd move Addocarr to fullback, even if he's not a natural one or whatever his ability is wasted on the wing. Can't believe Dufty got such a long stint there lol, he's useless

Now the tigers securing Ipap, that's a big deal!

Burgey

I think the biggest issue with Mahoney's game atm is he often passes too long from dummy half, and does so usually after taking a step. It's fine if you're on the back of a line break, but it otherwise gives the defensive line time to get up in the face of the ball runners. He's done it more this year than in the past, and it's been a sizable factor in those games when Parra has played too laterally. When he's shortened it up and had the forwards running onto a flat pass, Parra's game goes to another level.

mr_mister

Btw would you guys be keen for another rugby league draft? From the last ten years this time rather than the 90s. Last one was pretty fun I thought

mr_mister

I think the biggest issue with Mahoney's game atm is he often passes too long from dummy half, and does so usually after taking a step. It's fine if you're on the back of a line break, but it otherwise gives the defensive line time to get up in the face of the ball runners. He's done it more this year than in the past, and it's been a sizable factor in those games when Parra has played too laterally. When he's shortened it up and had the forwards running onto a flat pass, Parra's game goes to another level.
On the plus side, Brown and Moses are legit top 5ers in their position now imo. So your spine is mostly working well

Burgey

Yeah why not mate? Would be enjoyable. Certainly won't drag on given how few people seem to follow it here.

Burgey

On the plus side, Brown and Moses are legit top 5ers in their position now imo. So your spine is mostly working well
Yeah, it's a shame Mahoney is going. Gutho been a bit rocks and diamonds this year. Mae a few uncharacteristic errors of late, but still solid.

Am a bit concerned the hooker we've picked up for next year is coming off back to back ACLs though. Not great, though he's been a good player in the past.