• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
ABANDONED until round 2

There's only 12 hours to go and there's no way 18 people are getting in on time. Guys like Brumby and Ripper will be asleep, it just wont work.
Last thing we want is a messy start like handing out 4 points to those who didn't compete while those who did may only chalk up 2 or 3 points.
Bad luck to those who thought their selections through, not a disaster but certainly a shame given we had so much time to be prepared.
The lines need to be out on Monday, or Tuesday at the very latest to give time to ponder and post. Remember some rounds start on a Thursday.
Massive apologies for the delay, had a personal emergency from about 2pm onwards yesterday. Not a disaster but definitely a shame and definitely my fault.

I'll put the lines up on Monday night.

ashley bach

International Captain
Alternate option, just abandon the first two games? Does it affect anything if we play a 6 game round to start?
We can do this if everyone is awake. Given the lines have been out for a couple of days and matches are a few days away it should work.

Everyone involved tag one other person who you suspect might not be up to the play with what's happening.
If Cribbertopia gets the other thread up today and the word gets around it'll work.

ashley bach

International Captain
Massive apologies for the delay, had a personal emergency from about 2pm onwards yesterday. Not a disaster but definitely a shame and definitely my fault.

I'll put the lines up on Monday night.
No worries mate I'll keep you on the job.
But get to ****ing work now ****

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shame that league has been run by idiots for much of its existence as it should be so much bigger than it is today

American football is too slow and rugby is too technical

League is contact football for the masses

ashley bach

International Captain
Shame that league has been run by idiots for much of its existence as it should be so much bigger than it is today

American football is too slow and rugby is too technical

League is contact football for the masses
Why aren't you playing in the comp mate, you're one of the most regular posters here. It's not too late to join in.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Yup good to look at the team lists, but you can wait for them anyway if you want.

The more time there is for indulging in lines the better :ph34r:
hahah I more meant that posting the lines after the team lists drop make them potentially more accurate

Kraken

International 12th Man
They don't change the lines if something funky happens with the line ups, the odds just change.
Really? I could’ve sworn they fluctuated after team lists are released. Like for example, if we have the lines on Monday, then a star player is injured etc, surely the line changes to reflect that

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really? I could’ve sworn they fluctuated after team lists are released. Like for example, if we have the lines on Monday, then a star player is injured etc, surely the line changes to reflect that
Nah once they release the lines it's usually set. You just sometimes see a line paying 1.70 or whatever.

You can always check the "pick your own line" section to get something closer to evens in those rare times.

I did this for a living lol, you can trust me.

Tart

U19 Debutant
I really don't think I'll be able to watch Broncos game this year,
I despise Walsh too much to put up with the commentator gagging over him every 2 seconds.

Teddy was 5x the player Walsh was tonight, and he barely got mentioned until the end and even then it was mostly in comparison to Walsh and the hype about Walsh in the lead up.
I've never legitimately wished for a career ending injury as much as I do with this little ****.