• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI World Cup 2023 Fantasy Draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Added Naveen Ul Haq and Abdullah Shafique from the unpicked player list to Jarquis thus making it a 12-man squad for all. Thanks Jarquis!

@weeman27bob just awaiting your cap and vc. Rest are all set for tomorrow. Have changed the dates to WC dates as well.

Hoping that this league will add to our excitement while we all watch the world cup. Hoping for a quality World Cup and hopefully not a rain/toss ruined one.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Match is on.

Team owners, you can all see live update of the points and leaderboard in the excel. Boybrumby and Bairstow have teed off now.

weeman27bob

International Regular
No immediate rush to fix it, but my number of active players is picking up from the wrong column in the summary tab.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Done. Fixed it now. Now that I have logged in, let me also put up the scores midway through the first match. Weeman leads the show with his vice-captain Root putting up a stellar show.

PlayerPointsRankActive playersPts/PlayerDifference
Weeman27Bob1441248
Bitmap1152257-29
Silva Foxes11234112-3
BoyBrumby944394-19
Shri55520-39
anil1405526217-4
Teuton257113-27
Krypto Knights257100
Ataraxia159115-10
kingkallis101025-5
Jarquis01100-10
H&H011000

Shri

Mr. Glass
just realized there are no rules that state we have to pick bowlers

would have stacked my team with 11 batsmen for max points :disgust:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
just realized there are no rules that state we have to pick bowlers

would have stacked my team with 11 batsmen for max points :disgust:
Still, that won't guarantee a win though. Today's highest point scorer is Henry at 80 over Root at 77. Bowlers also have an advantage of being able to bat at some point to get some bonus runs :)

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Well I'm pleasently surprised, someone I tuaght might get 3 or 4 games and was a cheap pickup and was maybe worth around 200 points. Just scored a century and got a wicket on top of that. Might even get M.O.T.M. Who said I don't have an eye for talent :laugh:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Krypto Knights jumps to the lead through the wonderful performance of Rahul+Tendulkar+Jadeja mould.

Krypto Knights19811198
kingkallis1822291-16
Weeman27Bob1443272-39
Bitmap1224261-22
Silva Foxes1185430-4
BoyBrumby946331-25
anil1405777238-17
Shri658233-12
Teuton259125-40
Ataraxia1510115-10
Jarquis01100-15
H&H011000

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Klein and Engelbrecht not getting starts today for my team . Both of them was always a risk and hence the cheap price , hoping they can get some contributions throughout this tournament . Hurts having both miss out on a round . Good luck to all . Now to watch the game will check in on how this looks by break .

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Thrilling Match so far with Netherlands giving a good showing , on the CW front a lot of points scored by many drafters and still a lot to be scored .

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Great game of cricket that. De leede coming in clutch for BoyBrumby after his captain and Vice had a tough outing. Great round for you. Interesting to see how it comes together on that spreadsheet. Surprisingly fun, I take these type of comps a little bit more seriously than a normal draft so very pleased my team not dissapointing me so far.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great game of cricket that. De leede coming in clutch for BoyBrumby after his captain and Vice had a tough outing. Great round for you. Interesting to see how it comes together on that spreadsheet. Surprisingly fun, I take these type of comps a little bit more seriously than a normal draft so very pleased my team not dissapointing me so far.
Yeah, hats off to @CricAddict it's a really well designed spreadsheet. :notworthy

So much so that I can see my points per player average (50, less than half yours, he notes somewhat bitterly) is actually faintly two bob (6th overall) and I'm top almost entirely thanks to my largely inadvertent tactic of selecting a shed load of clog wearers!

In fact, if Bas de Leede wasn't a thing, I'd be squarely in the brown and smelly stuff given he's scored 167 of my 348 (well, 347.5, technically speaking) points.

Still, I'll take it!

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
I think the spreadsheet is broken. I'm enjoying the WC so far and tomorrows game promises to be a belter. I wanted to check on scores and see how everyone did howevet last scores I have seems to be half way true the epic 4th Match. So far my team doing well and I'm pleased however sure after completion of all 1st round games it will look a bit different. Very curious to see how everyone went.

Edit, who ever fixed it thank you very much my team seriously over performed so far, knew they will surprise a lot of people but didn't expect over 600 points in round 1 and with 2 cricketers still to go for me. That being said KingKallis is a serious contender. Also some teams are obviously heavy on India and Australian cricketers so a few team with 4 or more score able cricketers to go and a lot of captain vice captain slots in it aswell including my own. This is incredibly competitive and brings an extra element to a tournament I already adore. It's awesome. Hope everyone enjoying it as much as me and good luck, should be very interesting to see how things shapes after tomorrows game.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Krypto knights retains the lead with a high points per player as well as strong batting performances from his players continue.

Krypto Knights6391880
kingkallis5722964-68
Weeman27Bob5513869-21
anil140551941052-32
BoyBrumby37651038-143
Shri3746753-2
Bitmap2457641-129
Ataraxia1888538-57
Jarquis1829446-6
Silva Foxes18010630-2
H&H17611629-5