• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI World Cup 2023 Fantasy Draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the spreadsheet is broken. I'm enjoying the WC so far and tomorrows game promises to be a belter. I wanted to check on scores and see how everyone did howevet last scores I have seems to be half way true the epic 4th Match. So far my team doing well and I'm pleased however sure after completion of all 1st round games it will look a bit different. Very curious to see how everyone went.

Edit, who ever fixed it thank you very much my team seriously over performed so far, knew they will surprise a lot of people but didn't expect over 600 points in round 1 and with 2 cricketers still to go for me. That being said KingKallis is a serious contender. Also some teams are obviously heavy on India and Australian cricketers so a few team with 4 or more score able cricketers to go and a lot of captain vice captain slots in it aswell including my own. This is incredibly competitive and brings an extra element to a tournament I already adore. It's awesome. Hope everyone enjoying it as much as me and good luck, should be very interesting to see how things shapes after tomorrows game.
Sometimes, the stats from cricinfo take a longer time to load and you may not have seen the latest points at that point of time due to that.

Yes, rightly said. Kingkallis's team looks quite strong and looks to be an early favorite. But you have got to a strong start and with your players in form as well, that might well continue.

Looking forward to the Ind vs Aus game today.

kingkallis

International Coach
I think the spreadsheet is broken. I'm enjoying the WC so far and tomorrows game promises to be a belter. I wanted to check on scores and see how everyone did howevet last scores I have seems to be half way true the epic 4th Match. So far my team doing well and I'm pleased however sure after completion of all 1st round games it will look a bit different. Very curious to see how everyone went.

Edit, who ever fixed it thank you very much my team seriously over performed so far, knew they will surprise a lot of people but didn't expect over 600 points in round 1 and with 2 cricketers still to go for me. That being said KingKallis is a serious contender. Also some teams are obviously heavy on India and Australian cricketers so a few team with 4 or more score able cricketers to go and a lot of captain vice captain slots in it aswell including my own. This is incredibly competitive and brings an extra element to a tournament I already adore. It's awesome. Hope everyone enjoying it as much as me and good luck, should be very interesting to see how things shapes after tomorrows game.
Trust me, you wont find my team in Top 4 at the end of the event.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Trust me, you wont find my team in Top 4 at the end of the event.
I'll take that bet would be a shock if that team isnt top 3. Wanted to wait untill after the last match of the first round to respond. Having heavy one nation teams helps for later rounds however a team like yours is wide spread so will accumulate a lot your a 100 clear after round 1 and I'm the closest and truthfully I am not your biggest competitor. I'll be pleased with a top 4 however unlikely. This is promising to be very competitive with many able to pull of big rounds. A part from how good this world cup seems to promise to be the CW comp is just as good. Cheers to all

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Team owners aren't saying much here is it due to lack of interest or something else.

I didn't think my last point scorer would be Ishan Kishan or would be if he gets on the scoreboard.

Santner delivered huge score for Shri great match point wise that for Shri, sneaking suspicion not the last of that team to something like that.

Anyway decent game of cricket and a interesting scoreboard change.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Team owners aren't saying much here is it due to lack of interest or something else.

I didn't think my last point scorer would be Ishan Kishan or would be if he gets on the scoreboard.

Santner delivered huge score for Shri great match point wise that for Shri, sneaking suspicion not the last of that team to something like that.

Anyway decent game of cricket and a interesting scoreboard change.
People here have played loads of drafts over the past decade and so the messages over update on rankings have reduced compared to before. Yes, the motm award for Santner has helped push Shri to number two. Everyone quite close in hot pursuit. The table can change with 2 matches today.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
And in the latest update, Shri and Santner have broken the domination of KKs at the top pushing Krypto Knights to 3 even as Krypto has got to the max of 11 active players now. The other kk, kingkallis, still firmly perched at the top with a higher points per player.

A small gap seems to have formed between the top 3 and the rest. A big century/5 wicket haul needed by the other teams to get there.

PlayerPointsRankActive playersPts/PlayerDifference
kingkallis84711085
Shri79721080-50
Krypto Knights79431172-3
BoyBrumby62041062-175
Ataraxia6045875-16
Weeman27Bob5516869-53
anil140552671053-25
H&H4418949-86
Silva Foxes4079758-34
Bitmap34510843-62
Jarquis26211644-83
Teuton17612822-86

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite a few changes in the table. Weeman jumps from 6th to first with just 8 active players with his captain and vc coming good and a whopping 133 points per player.

Jarquis jumps from 11 to 8 on the back of Shafique's brilliant century. KKs continue to be at the top with draft fantasy legends Anil and BB in hot pursuit.

PlayerPointsRankActive playersPts/PlayerDifference
Weeman27Bob106618133
Krypto Knights104721195-19
kingkallis1027310103-21
anil1405102241193-5
BoyBrumby97351188-50
Shri87061087-103
Ataraxia7547894-117
Jarquis6408971-114
H&H5389960-102
Silva Foxes48510769-54
Bitmap42911854-56
Teuton28312835-146

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Just as well he's not; would be a couple of thousand points ahead by now. #notbitter :ph34r:

Seriously though, it's top stuff.

Quick Q for the great man: I'm assuming we can't change our skipper and/or vice captain now we're started?
Your assumption is right, BB. A minor strategic part of this auction draft is in predicting the semifinalists and finalists and thus choosing a captain and vc who can probably play 2 bonus matches. That part cannot be tampered with and so, the team owner can't change cap and vc set at the start.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Glad to see a little bit more activity on this thread . Without question CricAddict is awesome for doing this , side note i appreciate the updates that pushes interaction a bit more . This is not a traditional draft so a bit more chatter will just add to it . I take it we all are watching every game thus there is much to be said . Yesterdays second match is so far the game of the tournament .

A lot of points being distributed . Before the start i had 5 teams i taught will be fighting each other hard and was hoping i would have been the 6th in the mix . One of them took the lead now with the others in 3rd . The surprise for me is the other 3 is sitting in 7th , 8th and 11th . Im sure this wont last throughout the tournament however surprising start .

Edit . Just needed to add this doesn't mean i didn't think the other teams werent good , just the teams i expected to be top of the pile . There was only 2 teams i didn't really rate highly however wont go into that to much .

Last edited: