• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI World Cup 2023 Fantasy Draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Players will be picked in a secret auction draft so that people do not miss out their preferred players due to luck of the draw.

The draft will have a maximum of 10 participants since there are only 10 teams in the ODI WC. Everyone will have $10Mn at the start of the draft. I will put up 10 players per day and everyone can send me their bids for the 10 players or less privately through pm. Unpicked players will automatically be moved to the next round. So, the draft will run for ~11-15 days after all the squads are announced.

Please let me know if you are in. Obviously, I will not be able to participate in this since I receive the bids. This is a limited edition with only 10 participants. Book your names at the earliest for the draft if you are interested.

Points system will be as below. The points will get auto-calculated live as each match goes on.

Runs1
Wickets25
Catch 5
Stumpings10
Man of the match30
Man of the Series50
100s20
5 fers20

Fantasy Hall of Fame

Women Commonwealth 2022 - Teuton
Women World Cup 2022 - Ataraxia

This will be the first Men's tournament fantasy draft to happen and you can be the first to enter into the HoF for men's tournaments.

Let me know if you wish to suggest any additions/modifications to above guidelines.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
In so far

1. L&L
2. Teuton
3. Ataraxia
4. Krypto
5. Shri
6. Silver Silva
7. Jarquis
8. FullerPilch
9. kingkallis

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
How to play ? I'm in
Hope you know how to send a PM here. You will be sending the bids to me for the list of players put up in a PM until you complete your XI. Whoever bids the highest for each player gets the player with that amount deducted from their purse. You can either bid for all the 10 players or lesser players too if you don't wish to bid for any player. This process continues till everyone has formed their XI.

After you all have formed your final XI, I will prepare an automated sheet (thanks Teuton) which will calculate points as in my OP for your players live as they play their matches. Whoever has the highest points at the end of the world cup wins.

Hope this clarifies.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In.

is there a limit to squad size?

saw you said you can but until you complete your xi. Can I buy eleven bowlers?

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Is the PM the option where you click on the start conversation button on a profile ?
Also will the XI have some sort of structure, like a set number of batsmen, bowlers , all rounders ?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Is the PM the option where you click on the start conversation button on a profile ?
Also will the XI have some sort of structure, like a set number of batsmen, bowlers , all rounders ?
In drafts the make-up of your side is up to you. However, your final side will likely be judged by fellow drafters who will be looking for an obvious balance.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
In.

Good question. Yes, you can do that potentially but that can backfire big time if the world cup turns out to be a batsman's tourney. And considering this, let me mandate at least one wicketkeeper for each side. Rest of the make-up is up to you. But with my draft experience so far, I have seen that a balanced squad with higher number of all-rounders wins you the game.

Teuton

International Captain
It will be up to @CricAddict, but for drafts decided by fantasy scores, we normally assign players to categories and mandate how many from each category you need in your team, or how many flex spots there are.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, that's the PM. So far, I have not set up any definition for the structure since it is difficult to define each player as Bat/bowl/AR but we can mandate at least one wicket keeper per side.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
In.

On squad size, each player can have a squad of 14. The top 11 point scorers out of the 14 will be calculated for your final points tally. This is similar to how Teuton runs his fantasy draft every year.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
In drafts the make-up of your side is up to you. However, your final side will likely be judged by fellow drafters who will be looking for an obvious balance.
L&L, this draft will not have a voting and winner will be determined by the actual runs and wickets that their players get. But yes, fellow drafters incl me will always judge someone who tries to game a draft :)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
9 in so far. Just one more slot available.

1. L&L
2. Teuton
3. Ataraxia
4. Krypto
5. Shri
6. Silver Silva
7. Jarquis
8. FullerPilch
9. kingkallis
10. Boybrumby

Last edited: