• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Star

howardj

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
I dunno, sounds like a fairly formidable opening pair to me if both were bowling as well as they are capable of bowling. Either way, I think provided there isn't a huge form slump Tait will be picked immediately when McGrath retires, if that's soon.
Hell yeah! Tait's stats - and his sheer wicket taking ability - stack up against anyone in the history of Shield/Pura Cup cricket.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Hell yeah! Tait's stats - and his sheer wicket taking ability - stack up against anyone in the history of Shield/Pura Cup cricket.
As I've said elsewhere, that guy's ability to bowl wicket balls... is just phenomenal. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter how much crap he bowls in between if once every couple of overs he slips out an absolute god of a delivery as he does now. I hope he can hack it at international level, because he's just a joy to watch when he gets it right.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
howardj said:
With Tait, I don't think Lee's resurgence will do his career prospects any good. I would have no problems with it, but I bet they don't pick Tait and Lee in the same team. Or, if they do, they do it very reluctantly.
Lee's resurgence needs to happen first.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What evidence have we that Lee's bowled differently in Tests to how he has for his last 30 Tests?
None.
All we have is that he was effective on a pitch the like of which he's never bowled on before.
We have nothing to compare this Test to.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Richard said:
What evidence have we that Lee's bowled differently in Tests to how he has for his last 30 Tests?
None.
All we have is that he was effective on a pitch the like of which he's never bowled on before.
We have nothing to compare this Test to.
So based on that logic, we can safely say that harmison is in rubbish form as his last real TEST match was in south africa and he got belted......? 8-)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We can say that Harmison is nowhere near as good as everyone thinks because in his career there's still been far more bad than good, the Bangladesh "Tests" are utterly meaningless like anything involving them and that the only reason Harmison got good figures at Lord's was that the Australians played terribly bar Katich.

Don

State Vice-Captain
adrian bahrath-give him about 5-6 yrs when hes 19-20
denesh ramdin-we all know him love him and will support him
kevin cooper-if he stops playing the fool and concentrates.
kjorn (big head) ottley -would not make the west indies team but will probably make the A team at some point

most of these are guys in there early teens 15 -17

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
King_Ponting said:
So based on that logic, we can safely say that harmison is in rubbish for as his last real TEST match was in south africa and he got belted......? 8-)
Of course, you've got the old Motson logic cracked now - which is a little worrying to be honest.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'd say Dwayne Bravo, Xavier Marshall and Ramdin. There are a few other promising youngsters such as Lendl Simmons, a few U-19 guys and Bennett from Barbados. I think his first name is Jason. Narsingh Deonarine and Ryan Ramdass look good as well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
We can say that Harmison is nowhere near as good as everyone thinks because in his career there's still been far more bad than good, the Bangladesh "Tests" are utterly meaningless like anything involving them and that the only reason Harmison got good figures at Lord's was that the Australians played terribly bar Katich.
Actually, Harmison is very much a polarised bowler and if you look at his best 50% of his matches he's better than Glenn McGrath...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Actually, Harmison is very much a polarised bowler and if you look at his best 50% of his matches he's better than Glenn McGrath...
Indeed.
These, though, cover 19 of his 46 Test innings, 41%.
And at his worst, Harmison is - yes - even worse than Chaminda.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Indeed.
These, though, cover 19 of his 46 Test innings, 41%.
And at his worst, Harmison is - yes - even worse than Chaminda.
And spot who didn't get the sarcasm...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'm going to take a huge punt and say that Stuart Broad will be an England player within two years, and a regular almost straightaway. He seems to be adapting well to first-class cricket, and at 19, has plenty of time to develop the pace and bounce that his 6ft 5in frame has given him. It's a big shot in the dark I know, but I've got a feeling about him.

I also think Jamie Hildreth is a dead cert to be an England player in the future - he seems to have a very organised technique, and is capable of scoring runs quickly, too. Not to mention his improving medium-pace bowling.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Vaughn van Jaarsveld

No great shakes so far, although being a newbie at the Wanderers probably does the opposite to whats happened to Hildrith and deflates the averages a bit.. But having seen him bat I expect a lot more to come from the left hander..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
And spot who didn't get the sarcasm...
Whether you intended to be sarcastic or not, you said something that wasn't a million miles from being true.