• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand is better than Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But what would happen to all the Kiwi jokes then if we were the 7th state...I forget one of them I heard..something along the lines of...

my brother is an alcholic and a convicted criminal
my father does hard drugs and steals money from the rest of us to support his habit
my mother cheats on my father and embezzles money from her company
And then there's Tara but we don't mention her because she's married to a New Zealander.
Haha. Tbf there are loads of Tassie jokes. And a stack of interstate rivalry in general.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In all seriousness, like Flem said, this is a very good Kiwi side that has been underperforming for a while (and struggling in subcontinent conditions). One look at their batting depth, Mills and Vettori performing like world-class ODI bowling allrounders for a while, and the improvement of Southee into a proper strike + death bowler makes them a very dangerous side indeed. That they are performing at this level should not surprise anyone too much. They have certainly picked the right time to lift their performance levels to match their ability.
I kept saying this during their tour of India in the ODIs.. They are piecing together a very good batting unit... Congrats to them and all their supporters here.. One of the nicest bunch in CW. :)

BeeGee

International Captain
Your unintelligent comments are banned in this thread.

Here is proof Kyle Mills can walk on air.

Because water is more dense than air, Kyle Mills has exceeded Jesus's feats and will now be taking over Jesus's position as Son of God.
The Son of God needs to recover from his quad strain first.

Flem274*

123/5
I presume this was aimed at me since I was the previous post above this comment.

I re-read my post and couldn't see anything offensive or unintelligent in it.

Possibly some banter when I said don't leave the fold next time.

Anyways best wishes to you,

Hurricane
Nah mate, was aimed at the serious discussion in thread. And it wasn't a serious comment. Handshake?

You are a bad person and people say bad things about you. How could you be so cruel?:(

salman85

International Debutant
In all seriousness,the gap between NZ and Australia has not been so close in a long time.

Definite cause for celebration.

smash84

The Tiger King
But what would happen to all the Kiwi jokes then if we were the 7th state...I forget one of them I heard..something along the lines of...

my brother is an alcholic and a convicted criminal
my father does hard drugs and steals money from the rest of us to support his habit
my mother cheats on my father and embezzles money from her company
And then there's Tara but we don't mention her because she's married to a New Zealander.
:laugh::laugh:

good one

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
In all seriousness,the gap between NZ and Australia has not been so close in a long time.

Definite cause for celebration.
It's true. If we had another decent bowler and were scheduled to play test cricket between now and the next Australia series then that series could be quite interesting - I think we'd have a glimmer of hope.

As it is though we'll be starting the season (slowly, as usual) and will not be able to bowl Australia out.

Craig

World Traveller
The only good about being part of Tasmania was that we would of got Ricky Ponting at 3, but who needs him now?

Dissector

International Debutant
NZ has played more ODI's in the sub-continent than any of the non-SC sides in the last six months. I guess all those thrashings by BD and India are now finally paying off. I don't think they will progress any further but who knows? They are peaking at the right time and you can never write off a team with the likes of Taylor and Vettori. They are the best fielding side left in the tournament. If they do somehow make it past SL and if India beats Pakistan, I would actually be quite worried. The Indian team will be on a huge high and will probably underestimate NZ with potentially fatal consequences.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dissector;2517788[B said:
]NZ has played more ODI's in the sub-continent than any of the non-SC sides in the last six months. I guess all those thrashings by BD and India are now finally paying off.[/B] I don't think they will progress any further but who knows? They are peaking at the right time and you can never write off a team with the likes of Taylor and Vettori. They are the best fielding side left in the tournament. If they do somehow make it past SL and if India beats Pakistan, I would actually be quite worried. The Indian team will be on a huge high and will probably underestimate NZ with potentially fatal consequences.
Agreed. You can see that the likes of NcCullum and Southee are finding their feet in these conditions. Compare that to the performance of say, Anderson, or Morkel who haven't had the same opportunities, and you can see the difference.