• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Never to be broken records.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
It's not a record per se, but I remember when reading a few books about players aiming to reach 1000 runs before the end of May (IIRC). When was the last time that was achieved?

cover drive man

International Captain
Can anyone see Bradman's record being broken? Almost 62 years (Someone can correct me here) since he finished playing the game and no batsmen, over a significant sample size, has come even close.
This was the first one I thought of when I looked at the thread. Maybe in the future it will be broken but I certainly can't see it happening any time soon.

Vikas Bhatt

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I also see ugly useless cricketers and flat track bullies like Rainas, Kohlis, Y. Pathans, Yuvrajs etc. 'demonstrating' their 'talent' in IPL [read: slogging on flat tracks]

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raina and Yuvraj certainly aren't useless cricketers, and have demonstrated that much outside of the IPL too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's not a record per se, but I remember when reading a few books about players aiming to reach 1000 runs before the end of May (IIRC). When was the last time that was achieved?
IIRC Trescothick this season was amongst the slowest in being the first to 1,000.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Graeme Hick did it in 1988

Perversely I think that thanks to T20 this might get done again - the more the ECB want to take up the middle of the season with T20 the more they have to banish the first class games to the front and back of the season - there's no reason why the counties shouldn't have six or possibly even seven first class matches by the end of May so 12/14 innings - its been done in 9 (by Bradman) and 10 (Hallows) and Hick took 11