• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NBA 07-08 season thread

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's been hard for me to get back into Mavs basketball after last season's debacle. From what little I've seen, the Mavs are in trouble. I saw the Mavs/Spurs game, where the Spurs beat them without Duncan. Parker was guarding Dirk for the most part and it was a flashback to the Golden State series. Dirk goes clueless when a smaller, faster guy defends him and it throws his game off completely. We still have no defenders worth talking about (Josh Howard and Devin Harris seem to be regressing instead of improving). It will be interesting to see how Avery reacts to the current bad form (Mavs have lost 6 of 9 now). Time to see if he can handle the pressure of bad times.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the mavs have been going through some rough times...the spurs and the celtics are the best teams right now in their respective conferences...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Performance in this time of the season means nothing. Mavs have not done much in the off season to improve from last year, so I dont have much hopes from them. They will make the playoffs, doesn't matter if it is as the no.1 or no. 8.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Wathched the Lakers- Warriors game and it was a nightmare because of the guys in the booth.

Every player was refered to by their first name. It was sickening, especially when it came to the benchwarmers.

Now, Kobe is at the stage where he can go by one name only. Thats fine. There was a large stretch where the whole conversation was about "Andrew". Now obviously it was about Bynum but it got old quick. The subs were called their first name. It was like 'Bob comes in for Terry. Terry has 4 fouls. John inbounds to Fred, who shoots the 3. Freds shot rebounded by Jason..'so on and so forth Aaarrrrggggh

Waste of time watching

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
LBJ is back :)
Yeah, good for the league that he is back.

Watched the Bucks the other night. Was interesting. There is no way Bogut should have been a #1. He is going to be a nice role player though. A complementary kind of guy rather than a franchise player. Worries me that he runs the floor like a 70 yr old man though. Looks like he has bad feet or ankles.

Yi is a different player but again doesnt look like he has the potential to be the main man for a team.

Was impressed by Hawes for the Kings. A very big body with good skills and runs the floor like a 7 foot athlete.

A final note on the Bucks, is there a player with a bigger difference between their ability and their hype than Redd? Redd is a fantastic player and whilst he is appreciated he isnt given the superstar treatment he deserves.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
LBJ is back :)
it's true that his team is extremely dependent on him but comments like "let them get all their wins now" while he was out, hinting that once he is back teams are not going to win against them and more seriously that his teammates are incapable of winning without him, speak of extreme arrogance and i'm not sure it's the right kind of statement for good team chemistry as well...as good as he is, he still needs his team's support to make an impact...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, good for the league that he is back.

Watched the Bucks the other night. Was interesting. There is no way Bogut should have been a #1. He is going to be a nice role player though. A complementary kind of guy rather than a franchise player. Worries me that he runs the floor like a 70 yr old man though. Looks like he has bad feet or ankles.

Yi is a different player but again doesnt look like he has the potential to be the main man for a team.

Was impressed by Hawes for the Kings. A very big body with good skills and runs the floor like a 7 foot athlete.

A final note on the Bucks, is there a player with a bigger difference between their ability and their hype than Redd? Redd is a fantastic player and whilst he is appreciated he isnt given the superstar treatment he deserves.
Bogut has improved amazingly in the last two seasons. If you had of seen him play in his debut season, and even early last season, he was nothing like he is these days. His blocks and rebounds are 100% better and he has become a more consistent shooter and has improved his range. The game against the Clippers was one of his best ever and when he performs really well The Bukcs rarely lose. Agree he's probably not performing like a #1 Draft pick should, but he has massive potential and who knows what he could be in 2 or 3 years.

Johnners

The Cavs need someone to help James, scores 32 points, 8 boards, 6 assists, 6 steals, and they still lose by 18 to the Knicks.

Johnners

Just wondering how the Raptors went yesterday Turb? (Felt you needed reminding :p)

For those who get to watch NBA regularly, who would be leading your race to the MVP atm? LBJ? KG?

duffer

Just wondering how the Raptors went yesterday Turb? (Felt you needed reminding :p)

For those who get to watch NBA regularly, who would be leading your race to the MVP atm? LBJ? KG?
Brandon Roy :ph34r:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
james is doing a tremendous job right now, but going by recent mvp selections, the cavs have to do significantly better for him to get it...garnett would be the frontrunner right now, the celtics have been exceptional so far this season...if the lakers can keep performing like this or close to this throughout the regular season, i'd imagine bryant also would be considered...

Johnners

Considering Kobe hasn't gone on his yearly scoring rout as yet, I'd imagine he's a big chance. Especially seeing as the Lakers are winning, and from what I can gather, he's been much more of a "team player" so far this season?

The Cavs have gone back over .500 for the first time since November, so hopefully they can build upon that now they have a complete lineup (James & Hughes, as well as getting Varejao back)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Considering Kobe hasn't gone on his yearly scoring rout as yet, I'd imagine he's a big chance. Especially seeing as the Lakers are winning, and from what I can gather, he's been much more of a "team player" so far this season?
yes he has been, but the laker's current ascendancy is also due to a lot of other players improving as well as the experienced derek fisher having a great season so far...bynum, turiaf, walton, odom et al are all contributing significantly, especially bynum...they are also defending well consistently...

The Cavs have gone back over .500 for the first time since November, so hopefully they can build upon that now they have a complete lineup (James & Hughes, as well as getting Varejao back)
yes they are finally putting together a reasonable run although they lost to atlanta yesterday...