• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NBA 07-08 season thread

Dravid

International Captain
Thought instead of creating two threads, one for the off-season, and for the season it's self, we'd keep everything in one thread. The regular season is just 3 more months away, but theres still a lot of USA Basketball to played in this time.

Anyways yesterday Smush Parker left Kobe and signed with the Heat, and Shaq. A desperation signing by Heat IMO. Parker wasn't anything special in L.A. and don't think he will do any better in Miami with Wade.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Yay, can't wait for the season to begin so i'll have something to follow in the winter. Hopefully the suns can toughen up and get to the finals this year.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
kg is eastbound to boston! along with newly acquired allen and pierce, the celts are suddenly looking very good in the east!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, a fair line-up with those 3 in it, plenty of point scoring options!!! Shame the Cavs haven't managed to yet find someone to help James :(

Dravid

International Captain
Will do in a little bit.

As Anil mentioned, Kevin Garnett has been dealt east to the Celtics. After a poor drawing in the draft considering their season record, the Celtics have made great moves this off season to improve their team. With the addition of Garnett, they are the best in the Atlantic Division now. I would still wait to see how the three work together before I rank them as the best team in the east, which could happen. But I don't think we can now call the Atlantic Division the worst division in the NBA anymore

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How old is Garnett? Is he a long term player for the Celtics? He's been around for a while now, would have to be close to 30.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, a fair line-up with those 3 in it, plenty of point scoring options!!! Shame the Cavs haven't managed to yet find someone to help James :(
How old is Garnett? Is he a long term player for the Celtics? He's been around for a while now, would have to be close to 30.
garnett is 31, pierce is 29 and allen is 32, so age is a factor but the three are definitely superstars which can turn around that franchise in the short term as well...now that pierce is getting a big dose of help, if they can get good role players around them, i see no reason why they can't win a comparatively weak east and then although these guys don't have a ring, they are all experienced enough and hungry enough to turn it on in an nba final...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
B-Ball fans from the US, where could i find Harwood Classic throwbacks at a good price?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
As far as I remember, Celtics' problem was defence and I am not sur eif Ray Allen is going to be of much help and KG ofcourse will be a factor but is the trio going to be good enough to beat an already settled team like Cleveland or a fully fit Miami Heat.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
As far as I remember, Celtics' problem was defence and I am not sur eif Ray Allen is going to be of much help and KG ofcourse will be a factor but is the trio going to be good enough to beat an already settled team like Cleveland or a fully fit Miami Heat.
i sort of thought you were going to bring defence up, and i agree to some extent...allen is a poor defender, pierce is not a great defender either, garnett though is an excellent defender and if they can get some tough bodies as role players around these people, the issue of defence will be mitigated to a great extent...allen and pierce are exceptional scorers and garnett does just about everything on a basketball court...i still need to see the final team to be sure but i think i like their chances against the cavs(unless they acquire some serious artillery to help lebron between now and the regular season)...as for miami, o'neal is not half the force he once was, except for a couple of players, most of their players are veterans who are not getting any younger, it will all be on wade's shoulders, whether he is half or fully fit...chicago and detroit will be contenders and can beat the other top teams in the east, both being excellent defensive teams, but neither of them look unbeatable...but if their superstars play unselfishly(garnett will, allen probably will, not sure about pierce) and they have the right mix of support cast, i don't really see why they can't go all the way in the east, if not this season, at least next year...

Dravid

International Captain
Celtics signed Eddie House to a 1 year deal, and still this will probably not be their last move of the off season

Dravid

International Captain
Eddie Jones signed with the Mavericks. Don't thing he will do much in Dallas, don't expect him to get many minutes either.