• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name sports you cannot bear to watch

Howe_zat

Audio File
Individual sports in general

The fact that golf only becomes interesting when they play the Ryder Cup is all the evidence that you need

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are a lot of sports I find boring, but I've developed a really strong dislike for Formula 1. It's loud, cluttered, and aesthetically hideous.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boxing - was quite a fan until the Chris Eubank/Michael Watson fight in 1991 - have never watched a professional bout since

wrongun

Banned
Professional Wrestling - cannot for the life of me understand how grown adults can watch that scripted **** (probably doesn't qualify as a sport TBF)
Boxing, MMA etc. - any sport where the objective is to hit your opponent
Cycling, Long Distance running, Formula 1 - zzz
Yea many older Indians wonder that about the younger cricketing audience these days too

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Professional Wrestling - cannot for the life of me understand how grown adults can watch that scripted **** (probably doesn't qualify as a sport TBF)
the same way grown adults obsess over reality t.v...

Burgey

Rugby when Australia is playing.
NFL - never been taught the nuances and cbf learning
Baseball - cricket for ADHD sufferers
Formula One - how something so fast paced can at the same time be so tedious is one of life’s quandaries. And also the only interesting thing about the sport.

Burgey

Boxing, MMA etc. - any sport where the objective is to hit your opponent
Cycling, Long Distance running, Formula 1 - zzz
vcs looking for Daemon’s Gandhi title here, with the non-violent approach

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Cycling, ruined by doping
Nadal a doper
European football, full of dopers
AFL, the handing of the Essendon doping saga was a disgrace, I was already going off it but that ended it for me
Athletics, full of dopers

morgieb

Anyway, most motorsports are pretty **** to watch, and I don't really care for most "American" sports. Even something like basketball I don't really like. Combat sports (boxing/MMA/etc) are fairly turd too. Horse and dog racing are barbaric.

Now I think about it it's probably easier to list the sports I like rather than the sports I dislike.

Flem274*

123/5
i like combat sports when they're on and i like the idea of them, but their fanbase leaves a lot to be desired. it seems to bring out the worst of the "if it was me i'd do this and this because in a fight you should be like that and that" types. then there was the flatmate i had who played combat sports with a computer desktop background telling himself he was a shark.

cringeworthy tbh.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Anyway, most motorsports are pretty **** to watch, and I don't really care for most "American" sports. Even something like basketball I don't really like. Combat sports (boxing/MMA/etc) are fairly turd too. Horse and dog racing are barbaric.

Now I think about it it's probably easier to list the sports I like rather than the sports I dislike.
Horsing racing would be good if it was not all about gambling.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was once watching an American Football match on the telly while waiting for food at a local club. Literally could not tell when it ended, there was so much down time.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Used to think that way about American Football (and Baseball, as evidenced by my posts earlier in this thread) but I got sucked in by fantasy sports. Now I watch both religiously. Funny how much your tastes change over the space on ten years. Can barely stomach a game of Rugby League these days.