• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most unpopular cricketer from each country?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
My God I've forgotten Glenn McGrath. Not sure how I managed that. I'll make him 12th man. We'll see how he likes that.

I don't think Harmison is hated, disliked or unpopular in England. I think the emotions run from disappointment to frustration to maybe even anger at his underperformance. However I think that he's generally viewed as a really likeable individual, which is exactly what he is.

The most unpopular current player in England is KP. At the same time he's also one of the most popular. He polarises opinion because of (a) his profile and (b) his attitude.

As for my personal dislikes from other countries, including the recently-retired, well the team would look something like this:

1. G Smith (Captain)
2. M Hayden (Hon. Life President)
3. R Ponting
4. S Waugh
5. B McMillan
6. M Boucher
7. I Healy
8. S Warne (i/c poker and poke 'er)
9. A Nel
10. Harbhajan Singh
11. S Sreesanth

Coach: R Jennings
I don't agree on Steve Waugh, McMillanand Boucher. They allare pretty decent on andoff the field.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
That's what I thought, tbh it's just the sort of uninformed comment you'd expect from one of our footballers. I do agree that our team seems like a good bunch of lads, but whoever said that had a bit of a brain freeze TSTL
It wasn't actually a sledge.

The day before, someone was heard on stumpmic plugging another product and that player came in to find a box of that particular product in the dressing room the next day.

Hence why Prior made the "What car do you drive, I drive a Porsche" comment to Tendulkar, who of course drives Ferrari. He was hoping to find a Porsche waiting for him, the next day. :laugh:

I am not sure of the purpose of this thread, other than for posters to have a go at their least favourite players. Breeds negativity.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right then, fair enough, I had read the comment being hugely criticised, not too bad really in that context

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Graeme Smith
Michael Slater
Ricky Ponting (c)
Herschelle Gibbs
Saurav Ganguly
Andrew Symonds
Rashid Latif (wk)
Harbhajan Singh
Sreesanth
Muhammad Asif
Glenn McGrath

12th Man: Luke Wright
Coach: Javed Miandad
Chairman of Selectors: Geoff Miller
Head of board: Sharad Pawar

Last edited:
Graeme Smith
Michael Slater
Ricky Ponting (c)
Herschelle Gibbs
Saurav Ganguly
Andrew Symonds
Rashid Latif (wk)
Harbhajan Singh
Sreesanth
Muhammad Asif
Glenn McGrath

12th Man: Luke Wright
Coach: Javed Miandad
Hey who said people dislike Rashid Latif in Pakistan. He is more liked as compared to Moin Khan and Kamran Akmal. RashidLatif is the best wicket keeper Pakistan ever had.

Beleg

International Regular
^

doesn't take much to stay civil though. His point is pretty valid. And you came back with a childish retort.