• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most exciting bowler to watch

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
:blink:

Geoff Lawson found Ambrose pretty exciting to face.

As for either being a 'metronome', they're two of the best fast bowlers to have ever played. I think you'll find most very good bowlers will have spent a lot of time bowling in and around off-stump for a majority of their careers.
Well, I watched almost All of Ambrose between 97 and his retirement when he was a bit of a metronome.. But yeah, juz caught that fifer against Aus in an ODI in Oz when Deano asked him to take off his wristband or something.. Jeez... Haven't seen anyone like that who can turn it on when pissed off.. Take that, Deano.. :p

Debris

International 12th Man
It is pretty hard to go past some of the Pakistani quicks for me for pure excitement. Waqar and Shoaib might have been a bit inconsistent but never boring. Spin-wise, Warne.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
There never will a bowler as exciting as Shoaib when he got going. Lee and Tait may have been just as fast, but Shoaibs run up, his celebrations, intimidation etc just completed him.

It is safe to say there probably will be a bowler who bowls quicker than Shoaib down the road, but there never will be a quick as exciting as him in full flow.

YouTube - Shoaib Akhter too fast for Jacques Kallis

OVERALL I do agree, Wasim and Warne consistently were the most exciting watch.

watson

Banned
Toss up between;

Jack Gregory - 1920
Wes Hall - 1961
Mike Procter - 1970
Dennis Lillee - 1972
Jeff Thomson - 1974
Michael Holding or Andy Roberts - 1976
Malcolm Marshall - 1983
Wasim Akram - 1989

I also have a feeling that Sydney Barnes and Neil Adcock would be great to watch by what I've read. Just wish someone could find some decent footage.

But I reckon that Mike Procter in his prime would be the pinnacle.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I haven't seen anybody more exciting than Wasim in all my years of watching cricket. Just ridiculous levels of skill with the ball.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Lillee at full pace. The ultimate quick.

And Warne at full guile.

Also Wasim and Holding were pretty special also.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
My boi Herath

But these days I love watching swing bowlers mainly, Boult, Southee, Steyn and Anderson are right up there for me.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah there's something so exciting about seeing a swing bowler pitching it full, even over pitching. That batsman goes for the drive and it can be pure delight or absolute horror from his point of view.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Michael Holding, Imran Khan, Lee, Bracken, Hauritz, Irfan Pathan, Nantie Hayward, Waqar, Dernbach, Praveen Kumar, Sachin, Bond, Vettori, Yusuf Abdulla, Mitchell Johnson, Brian Vitori, Ajantha Mendis and Brad Hogg.

Last edited:

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
I saw Mike Gatting bowl a bouncer at Greg Ritchie at the Gabba in 86, Greg ducked under it, awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Steyn and Johnson bowling in tandem would be something to watch.

From others I have seen, Marshall, Waqar and Warne.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ambrose, Murali, Akram, Donald and Steyn.

Never saw Waqar demolition jobs live hence missing mention there.

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
my favorite ever bowling performance was in 2011. Simon Kerrigan took 9-51 against Hampshire at Aigburth.