• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Clarke

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just thinking middle order bats #3- #6 (excluding Miller who'd normally be in my 1st XI at #5)

1st XI

Bradman
G.Chappell
McCabe
Border

2nd XI

Ponting
Harvey
Trumper
S.Waugh

3rd XI

Macartney
Hill
Clarke
Hussey/Walters

I've probably missed someone obvious
Dean Jones. Big ones in India count a lot.

TheJediBrah

Excellent love Australian bravado. i will file that away and use it as justification for some unprovoked anti Australian posts I will make over the next 12 months. All in jest of course just like yours is.
No mine is a calculated and direct insult and not made in jest to even the slightest extent

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just thinking middle order bats #3- #6 (excluding Miller who'd normally be in my 1st XI at #5)

1st XI

Bradman
G.Chappell
McCabe
Border

2nd XI

Ponting
Harvey
Trumper
S.Waugh

3rd XI

Macartney
Hill
Clarke
Hussey/Walters

I've probably missed someone obvious
Wasn't Trumper an opener?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wasn't Symonds supposed to be a particular crony of Clarke before Clarke dropped him for showing up drunk for a game? Might explain why Symonds and his best mate Hayden are taking these shots at Clarke.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wasn't Symonds supposed to be a particular crony of Clarke before Clarke dropped him for showing up drunk for a game? Might explain why Symonds and his best mate Hayden are taking these shots at Clarke.
Clarke wasn't captain then. He was 'part of the leadership group' iirc but you can hardly attribute the decision to drop Symonds solely to Clarke

Spark

Global Moderator
I think Symonds did as Clarke was stand-in ODI captain at the time, but IIRC they had issues before that. It's in Brettig's book.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can't believe the Clarke I saw in the aftermath of Hughes being taken is the same Clarke that's getting pilloried for lacking leadership skills.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Wasn't Trumper an opener?
Batted throughout the order dependant on pitch conditions I think.

Spent as many innings in the middle order as he did opening, and was more successful not opening than he was opening.

Spikey

It would have been a strange end if Clarke wasn't attacked from every direction for being a self absorbed pretty boy

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Clarke wasn't captain then. He was 'part of the leadership group' iirc but you can hardly attribute the decision to drop Symonds solely to Clarke

yeah, but as Spark said he was stand-in captain. Either way, I have the least respect for someone like Symonds and the fact that he is holding on to these grudges even now shows that I am not wrong, I feel... Even if Clarke did do bad things, you would assume that people will at least remember the good stuff he has done when he has just announced his retirement. Heck, even Holding had said nicer things about Lara when he retired and we all know how much Holding seems to loathe Lara as a person.