• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Man of the Tournament?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not over yet but we have to do something to pass the time before the match.

So who are the contenders?

Ponting 287 @ 95.66 SR 79.28
Vettori 100 @ 50 SR 104.16 7 W @ 17.71 economy 3.97
Watto 160 @ 53.33 SR 98.76 6 W @ 16.83 economy 4.26

One of them I'd say.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watto's been consistently good with the ball but has only come good with the bat in the last game, so I doubt it'll be him. I don't think Ponting's really failed yet, and since I'm backing Australia to win, I'll say he'll get it, but it's pretty close. Whoever gets it out of Ponting or Vettori will probably depend on which team wins.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If any one of those three put in a big performance today, I reckon they have to get it.

I do like the all-rounders because that's something that the big sides that got knocked out didn't really seem to have to me, but Ponting has also been outstanding.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hey Ricky you're so fine
you're so fine you blow my mind
hey Ricky
:clapping:
hey Ricky

especially after his 170* in tonight's game.

Briony

International Debutant
Not over yet but we have to do something to pass the time before the match.

So who are the contenders?

Ponting 287 @ 95.66 SR 79.28
Vettori 100 @ 50 SR 104.16 7 W @ 17.71 economy 3.97
Watto 160 @ 53.33 SR 98.76 6 W @ 16.83 economy 4.26

One of them I'd say.
Punter's SR is probably below where you'd normally expect because I notice that he passed Smith last game and he had over 200 runs with a SR of over 100.

Vettori will probably get it if NZ wins and he performs reasonably well because of his captaincy and the underdog status etc. If Australia wins it will be out of Punter, Watson or maybe a bolter such as a Johnson if he performed with both bat and ball.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It depends on how today goes. But on the tournament so far, Vettori. Not even close for mine.

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Elliot gets a score tonight or even takes a few wickets, he's an outside chance.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Ponting all the way..............the way he batted against England was pure class........

Watto was brutal with the bat too.......but i am more of a conservative...Ponting was pure class.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting hard to look past Watto now. Match-winning big ones in both the semi and the final.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If you're MOTM in the semi and the final, surely you have to win it?

Although, they don't like to give two awards to the same person usually.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
After this game i switch to Watto............1 ton in a Semi and one here....both match winning knocks.....he deserves it more then Ponting now.

Dissector

International Debutant
After the final, Watto is the easy pick and he has fair claim to being the best ODI player in the world at the moment.