• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

let’s remember some guys

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely, and I always thought Matthew Walker could have had more of a shot at international level - but maybe that's somewhat influenced by how outrageously good he was across many of my ICC games.

morgieb

Absolutely, and I always thought Matthew Walker could have had more of a shot at international level - but maybe that's somewhat influenced by how outrageously good he was across many of my ICC games.
It probably didn't help he retired because of a dispute with his coach when in his prime.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
So you don’t believe World Cup performances matter when it comes to rating ODI cricketers. That’s fine, I do. Agree to disagree
Defo not a guy and defo not "poor man's Matt Henry" bad. You might think so re: WC (which tbh as TH pointed out, is p unreasonable anyway), but don't deserve a mention here and he certainly ain't overrated on CW (hardly seen people mention him except for his borderline dodgy action tbh)

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Where does Mills rate among NZ odi seamers?

Hadlee, Bond, Boult are the top 3 imo but the rest are really hard to separate.

Chatfield probably 4th but not much between:

Pringle, Larsen, Allott, Mills,Oram, McLenaghan, Henry, and Ferguson imo.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Where does Mills rate among NZ odi seamers?

Hadlee, Bond, Boult are the top 3 imo but the rest are really hard to separate.

Chatfield probably 4th but not much between:

Pringle, Larsen, Allott, Mills,Oram, McLenaghan, Henry, and Ferguson imo.
Ferg pretty early to rate but I can see him being in that top tier if he doesn't ****ing break every bone in his body.

McClenaghan certainly didn't live upto the early promise, is he even in the picture right now?

thierry henry

International Coach
I know the game has changed, strike rate blah blah blah, but it’s worth noting that Mitch M has one of the worst economy rates ever for bowlers who played a decent number of games. Definitely a factor to consider.

thierry henry

International Coach
McClenghan looks like a proper alpha. Great beard and solid frame

not sure how his cricket is
That’s his exact persona, fitspo paleo dudebro. Had some sort of ‘supplement’ business or something with the star of NZ’s first ‘The Bachelor’

I unfollowed Mitch on Twitter because he ridiculed people who eat McDonalds and I got triggered

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I know the game has changed, strike rate blah blah blah, but it’s worth noting that Mitch M has one of the worst economy rates ever for bowlers who played a decent number of games. Definitely a factor to consider.
I agree but he took a lot of wickets in the middle overs in random ways. The high economy rate was possibly also due to McCullum's hyperattacking captaincy.

Flem274*

123/5
ive never trusted people whose main hobby is strictly controlling their food. there are so many better things to do each day than spreadsheeting your food. you could **** post on the internet like a true loser to pass the time of your short, meaningless existence for example.

salads justify cake, not replace it.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
haha I unfollowed him on Twitter recently too, though I think it was because of his strong anti-lockdown position
hmm having had a look through his feed he doesn't really take this position, must have been something else that was annoying

TheJediBrah

That’s his exact persona, fitspo paleo dudebro. Had some sort of ‘supplement’ business or something with the star of NZ’s first ‘The Bachelor’

I unfollowed Mitch on Twitter because he ridiculed people who eat McDonalds and I got triggered
That would trigger me too. A real alpha has a ripped physique despite eating McDonalds. If you have to control your diet that strictly you have sub-par genetics.

Still, he looks better than 99% of cricketers.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I agree but he took a lot of wickets in the middle overs in random ways. The high economy rate was possibly also due to McCullum's hyperattacking captaincy.
I remember him saying in his prime McCullum had told him he didn't care how many runs he went for as long as he took wickets.

That Mills convo was interesting.

Howsie

International Captain
Defo not a guy and defo not "poor man's Matt Henry" bad. You might think so re: WC (which tbh as TH pointed out, is p unreasonable anyway), but don't deserve a mention here and he certainly ain't overrated on CW (hardly seen people mention him except for his borderline dodgy action tbh)
Ive probably been on CW for close to a decade now and Mills was definitely overrated when I joined. Heck even on his last legs as TH pointed out most NZ posters on here wanted him in the World Cup team over one of our greatest ever cricketers in Trent Boult :blink: