• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jimmy Anderson

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
taking 3.8 wickets per test is barely doing your job, but good on him for hanging around long enough to make some stats worth looking at

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
taking 3.8 wickets per test is barely doing your job, but good on him for hanging around long enough to make some stats worth looking at
Hanging around.

17 years at the highest level as a fast bowler. Good on him huh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genuinely never feared the bloke as an opposition supporter. Serviceable trier but regularly fails to step up against the best opposition. Terribly, terribly conditions-dependent, despite the best efforts of his hapless boosters on here referring to three decent OS tests over a 15 year career as proof "he really can do it anywhere." Also widely regarded as the most despised bloke on the international cricket circuit and a genuine **** of a human.

Congrats on the milestone though.

Burgey

I literally just congratulated the fella on his achievement. He must be very tired. He's been bowling for a long time. He certainly looks very tired. And sour. Always so sour.

trundler

I literally just congratulated the fella on his achievement. He must be very tired. He's been bowling for a long time. He certainly looks very tired. And sour. Always so sour.
Yeah he looks like like he wants the kids off his lawn.

You should have some sympathy

• Haha
Reactions: vcs

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Insane that I remember him bowling in the 03 world cup and thinking he looked like he had all the raw ingredients to become a decent bowler. Pity it never worked out.

All jokes aside, well done staying fit for that long. No other fast bowler had managed it.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Congrats on Jimmy being fit enough to play so many tests that he just had to have the most wkts for a pace bowler. Broad will also do the same if he stays as fit.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
"Also widely regarded as the most despised bloke on the international cricket circuit and a genuine **** of a human." - Burgey

"Despised"? Really? I can understand non-English supporters "despising" the adulation he receives from certain quarters but such a sweeping statement is, quite frankly, ridiculous.
As for the "genuine **** of a human" comment I'd be interested to know the basis of such a statement. From what I have heard and read he is one of the sport's nice guys. Only a real **** of a human would make such a judgement.

Congratulations Jimmy, no matter what twisted and bitter comments emanate from a certain quarter, yours is a wonderful achievement.

Reactions: FBU

TheJediBrah

For all that we love to joke around and **** on Jimmy here, he has been an incredible bowler for a long time now. As an opposition fan there is no bowler in the world I've feared more in certain conditions than him.

Last edited: