• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jimmy Anderson

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Always did well against India, mostly in England but in India as well. Been a nemesis all along. Congratulations on the achievement! Not easy at all for a fast bowler and with limited overs increasing so much these days, there is a chance this record might hold on for a while.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
How could they put that up “the other night” when he took his 600th wicket today? And in more deliveries than Murali.
The stat came out at the start of the Pakistan innings, think it was Nass that mentioned if he picks up the 2 wickets inside 13 overs he'll be the quickest to reach 600 in terms of deliveries.

I didn't watch any of last nights play but see Jimmy bowled 19overs in the innings so he may have just missed out on it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Amazing achievement. Nothing to add to what I have already said. A great bowler, a very fit cricketer, used to field in the slips too often IIRC. And helped England become #1 in the world when there was actual competition from several teams as well. Played key roles in his side winning in the most difficult away conditions for them. Basically made the most of his talents and has kept delivering for his team as the lead bowler for more than 10 years now. Not sure what else he has to do, really.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Has a good case to be rated Kumble's equal :ph34r:

Kidding, he is gun. Done great service to his team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This thread is so sour its put me off my coffee

Year on year his average has dropped over a period about 12 years. Meanwhile lesser nations roll out the next big thing, he plays 8 tests, breaks and onto the next. And Jimmy keeps going, and keeps owning batsman.

Brain dead aussies like Burgey can c&p the drivel they've been posting since 2009 all they like, they know deep down the only reason they got their 2-2 draw, and therefore retained The Ashes on a technicality having won them with sandpaper, was that Jimmy suffered a rare injury. It was going to be the end of him, like they all are, and yet here we are. Meanwhile Australian quicks in their early 20s need shin replacements and such like. They don't make them like Jimmy over there.

Victor Ian

International Coach
This thread is so sour its put me off my coffee

Year on year his average has dropped over a period about 12 years. Meanwhile lesser nations roll out the next big thing, he plays 8 tests, breaks and onto the next. And Jimmy keeps going, and keeps owning batsman.

Brain dead aussies like Burgey can c&p the drivel they've been posting since 2009 all they like, they know deep down the only reason they got their 2-2 draw, and therefore retained The Ashes on a technicality having won them with sandpaper, was that Jimmy suffered a rare injury. It was going to be the end of him, like they all are, and yet here we are. Meanwhile Australian quicks in their early 20s need shin replacements and such like. They don't make them like Jimmy over there.
Well said.