• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jacques Kallis vs Imran Khan

Better cricketer ?

• Kallis

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Imran

Votes: 44 72.1%

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
Kallis is not a better bowler than Sobers.

Removing minnows makes that clear but also Sobers was a proper 4th bowler in an attack with the over load and wickets to show for. Kallis was a 5/6th bowler.

Imran was a proper lower order bat so both he and Sobers are notably ahead of Kallis.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Removing minnows makes that clear but also Sobers was a proper 4th bowler in an attack with the over load and wickets to show for. Kallis was a 5/6th bowler.

Imran was a proper lower order bat so both he and Sobers are notably ahead of Kallis.
Miller and Hadlee too.

_00_deathscar

International Regular

Kallis wasn’t a 5th/6th bowler for the majority of his career, only towards the end. And he wasn’t a 6th bowler either

Jumno

U19 Captain
Kallis the far superior batsman

However Imran the superior bowler and leader

It's a close call, however I think for an all rounder, bowling is important

Just like Flintoff edges it because he was the better bowler than stokes

I would go for Imran

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Only just found this thread. I always felt that Kallis was slightly undervalued as a batsman but a fair bit overrated as a bowler. He actually could play all the shots if he wanted to, he just didn't much of the time and dug in. Never rated his bowling that highly. Often hid the ball a foot outside off stump against good teams and was able to fill his boots v Bang & Zim. Still a fine achievement to be not far short of 300 wickets but that was testament to his longevity.

Roughly speaking Imran is in the same class as a bowler that Kallis was as a batter but that in their secondary discipline, to me Imran was a better batter than Kallis was a bowler.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Better screenshot this post.
This is pretty consistent with my position that Kallis is a moderate upgrade on Frank Worrell as an AR. I just reject the copium around his limitations. He didn't play many outstanding counter attacking innings and had pretty good support. That's ok though, still a great batsman. Batted top 4 in a tough place for batsmen.

subshakerz

International Coach
This is pretty consistent with my position that Kallis is a moderate upgrade on Frank Worrell as an AR. I just reject the copium around his limitations. He didn't play many outstanding counter attacking innings and had pretty good support. That's ok though, still a great batsman. Batted top 4 in a tough place for batsmen.
Kallis was a regular great bat but was outside the top 20 of all-time IMO.