• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
World T20 in 2016 is in India, Pietersen could make a difference. Guess England will show the "don't care about T20" (as if everyone else does) attitude after a disappointing show there.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, not massively bothered about him either way, but the fact is the guy has played so much more t20 than any other English player and has done pretty well. He definitely should be considered for the world cup, the only thing is KP needs to stop talking bollocks until then. :-O

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, not massively bothered about him either way, but the fact is the guy has played so much more t20 than any other English player and has done pretty well. He definitely should be considered for the world cup, the only thing is KP needs to stop talking bollocks until then. :-O
Ugh, sadly not. He could have been much more diplomatic here and still backed Bell up, but nope, the guy just can't help himself. I want him at the world cup, but wouldn't blame the coaches if they seen this and of course all his previous and thought "nah worth the hassle".

https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/667299839529500673

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's not even arsed about Bell. Whole thing was just a way for him to attack 'Captain Cook' and also big himself up (everything he said about Bell clearly applies to himself)

He's a ****

Howe_zat

Audio File
KP's agency company represents Bell, i.e. he directly loses money if Bell loses his central contract

just leaving that fact on the table

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
KP's agency company represents Bell, i.e. he directly loses money if Bell loses his central contract

just leaving that fact on the table
Okay maybe he is arsed about Bell in that way :p my points still stand though

It reminded me of Boycott when he'd talk about all the bowlers where scoring runs against them actually mattered ie the ones he'd done it against

ImpatientLime

International Regular
since jan 2014 in tests:

ballance 1194 @ 47 inc 4 centuries
bell 1023 @ 29 inc 2 centuries

just leaving those facts on the table

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh, sadly not. He could have been much more diplomatic here and still backed Bell up, but nope, the guy just can't help himself. I want him at the world cup, but wouldn't blame the coaches if they seen this and of course all his previous and thought "nah worth the hassle".

https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/667299839529500673
Oh gawd why did I just watch this, if only he'd take the advice of the last bit of this vid.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
since jan 2014 in tests:

ballance 1194 @ 47 inc 4 centuries
bell 1023 @ 29 inc 2 centuries

just leaving those facts on the table
Have you seen Ballance bat?

One of the worst test batsman that I have ever seen

He went from being England's no.3 to a hack @ 5 for Yorkshire with a silver bullet to the 2nd XI

No wonder Graeme Smith is taking the piss out of his selection as there is less justification for his than Shaun Marsh for Oz (and that is really saying something!)

Just leaving those facts on the table

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I don't give a monkeys how bad he may or may not look.

the facts are his record over nearly two years is vastly superior to that of the bloke who apparently deserved to go in his place. he completely outperformed him when they were playing together.

the reality is either will fail if selected to play in south africa.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
From what I saw of Ballance in the series against India, I dont think he is someone you should be dropping good players for. That said, guess Bell was doing really poor for a while now. Is there no new middle order batsman that could have been picked?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have you seen Ballance bat?

One of the worst test batsman that I have ever seen

He went from being England's no.3 to a hack @ 5 for Yorkshire with a silver bullet to the 2nd XI

No wonder Graeme Smith is taking the piss out of his selection as there is less justification for his than Shaun Marsh for Oz (and that is really saying something!)

Just leaving those facts on the table
You've watched Bell, right?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
From what I saw of Ballance in the series against India, I dont think he is someone you should be dropping good players for. That said, guess Bell was doing really poor for a while now. Is there no new middle order batsman that could have been picked?
wat

did you miss him flaying india in that series?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never been much of a Bell fan anyway but, even after ripping out a couple of good 50s in the Ashes, looked like a bloke that was flat out just staying out there. Not surprised the English management have lost faith in his abilities to survive against the Saffers.