• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Trade Week

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think a similar thread may have been made a few years ago but cbf finding it.

So the Australian Football League (The major league for Aussie Rules football) has just finished 'trade week', a week where AFL teams can trade players with its competing teams, and bargain etc.

What trades do you reckon would be worthwhile and fair for two teams (can be the team you support, or just two other teams) to fill gaps or holes in both teams, which would make their best XI, or their general squads, better.

I was having a chat with my mate whilst watching the cricket today. We reckon this could be a decent trade:

India to Australia: Amit Mishra
Australia to India: Peter Siddle

Also reckon India could trade one of its young upcoming batsman (a Rohit Sharma or Pujara, or even Yuvraj) for a Pakistani fast bowler as well.

Feel free to say your own, or criticise mine etc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pakistan would take North for sure, and would trade Ajmal or Kaneria for him I reckon.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Possible Indian trades:
  • Mishra for Luke Wright- England could do with a potential world class spinner like Mishra, and can manage their players a lot better. India could do with a seriously better all-rounder than these roll-their-arms-over-batsmen we see now, especially one who can get two spinners into the XI.
  • Mishra for Kieron Pollard- all of the above- West Indies get a decent spinner across formats, while India have an all-rounder who can strike, and then support the bowlers.
  • Pujara for James Franklin- New Zealand need that batsman a lot more, while India have struggled to find a strike bowler all-rounder.
  • Badrinath for Thilan Thushara- SL already have Matthews, and maybe Thissara, and some useful spinners, but need to beef up their batting, so this shouldn't be ruled out.
  • Murali Kartik for Dale Steyn- worth it.
  • Rohit Sharma for Dirk Nannes or Stuart Clark- Australia can make a far better batsman out of Sharma, while this oft-ignored Aussie fast bowler can do wonders for India.
I've picked players who are of some value, so Jadeja and Dinesh Karthik have been left out. Moreover, I don't want riots in Mumbai and around, so no Pakistani players will make this list.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Mishra for Siddle could be win/win.

Is Prince still finding it hard to secure a permanent spot in SA's XI? Could see SA wanting an upgraded spinner.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possible Indian trades:
  • Mishra for Luke Wright- England could do with a potential world class spinner like Mishra, and can manage their players a lot better. India could do with a seriously better all-rounder than these roll-their-arms-over-batsmen we see now, especially one who can get two spinners into the XI.

• England already have a much better spinner.

Murali Vijay would be handy tstl though. Could swap for someone like Chris Tremlett.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Possible Indian trades:

• Uhhh... no!

And hands off Luke Wright. :p We'd only trade him for Tendulkar.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Chris Rogers < - > Suraj Randiv

Fair trade IMO. Sri Lanka would love a reliable opening batsman (I don't see Paranavitana and Dilshan lasting for too long). Chris Rogers will never be used by Australia, and yet he can still offer three-four years of solid batting. This would fit in perfectly with many of the Sri Lankan batting stars who may only have three-four years left to offer (Jayawardene, Sangakkara and Dilshan). Australia would love a spinner like Randiv, the current Test highlighting the problems Australia face ATM. He would also greatly boost the Australian ODI and T20 sides. It would be a loss for Sri Lanka, but spin bowlers are hardly a rare breed in the country.

Stuart Broad < - > Ghambir / Vijay (based on who is rejected from the opening spot after this Test).

With signs that Cook may never reach the class required, and Strauss approaching retirement now is a good chance to swap a quality Indian opener for the services of Broad. I believe Broad would offer plenty to India. Not a bowler who is completely reliant on conditions, and would bolster a relatively weak lower-order.

Tatenda Taibu < - > Naved-ul-Hasan

I feel Taibu is a waste playing for Zimbabwe. A very safe wicketkeeper, and a batsman who would easily average > 30 in Test cricket. When Zimbabwe return to Test cricket he may well be near retirement, which is a massive shame as it is depriving a real talent from further opportunities to impress. Taibu is a perfect swap into the Pakistan team (do I need to explain why?). As a replacement I would consider Naved-ul-Hasan. With Zimbabwe likely to remain a ODI and T20 only nation for the immediate future, and with a real lack of quality pace bowlers in the side, a canny bowler like Rana would be a huge benefit to a developing side.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ would be pretty keen on Taibu in a hypothetical world too. Not sure if they could put forward a better offer though. Like-wise a couple of the Australian back-up keepers could be handy for some countries ie Wade, Ronchi, Hartley.

Andrew McDonald & Trent Copeland for Shakib Al Hasan yeah?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mendis or Randiv for Chris Rogers is a solid trade.

Kaneria or Ajmal for Chris Rogers or Klinger would also be a good one.