• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Team (Plese Read This is about my future)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
My guess is it was a simple Google search of his name, as there were a few articles in newspapers about it. He hadn't posted for quite a while IIRC, and he had been a fairly regularly poster on several forums.
Yeah it was actually found out by SKD IIRC. Kweek posted it in PC and thats how I found out.

Azed

Cricket Spectator
Thank you everyone for your great help and for your time,

At the moment i am quite alot popular in my street coz of my cricket and coz my chess, i am a chess champion down in Stnaborough.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
same here Grecian, but I knew that Bob was a big poster at Planetcricket, so I thought I might aswell let them know...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If its an ambition and he is very good then he really needs to be focussing on it right now.

At 15 you should be in the system or at least well known by people if you are any good.

That basically means a 3-4 year window to get to the pro-level and that takes a lot of work and that time may sound a lot but it isnt.

Sitting around and waiting for it to happen will not work.
It's interesting how youth based the England system is, which is probably somewhat a by-product of the football attitude over there. A lot of players in Australia who've become good players have been late bloomers, whom I'd guess wouldn't get as great a chance over in England. Then again, I guess with the greater number of opportunities available, things even themselves out to an extent.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I guess that it's really easy if you have the sufficient amount of talent and willpower to make it big time in this country. Basically score loads and loads of runs, or take loads and loads of wickets and you'll be noticed by someone or other, who will take you to higher things.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Hi everyone,

I researched that question alot and asked alot people but no one knows, so let see if anyone can help me over here.

How to get in the England or Pakistani International Cricket team, i am almost 15 now and my aims are to be a cricketer, don't know what country as i am living in england and from Pakistan, so i want to know what do you have to do and where to you have to go if you want to join the International cricket team.

I am a allrounder who has a good defencive batting and very fast bowling,

Thank you for reading, plz help me this about my future, and i don't want to waste my time by just playing in clubs.

Azed,
Perhaps at 15, you missed the cut. Getting into a county club from 14+ is hard because they already have a set team. You will have to be rather execptional to make it if your still unknown at 15.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased to know I'm not the only one who thought of CP when this thread was created.
It was the defensive batting thing, wasn't it? That was my first trigger.

At the moment i am quite alot popular in my street coz of my cricket and coz my chess, i am a chess champion down in Stnaborough.
I guess that makes you a pawn star...

quytst0rm

School Boy/Girl Captain

If your cricketing career doesn't work out you can be a chess player.

Azed

Cricket Spectator
Yeah Lol,

Sorry i am not almost 15 i am almost 14 in july,

I got my first match coming soon and we gonna get selected on Wednesday,

I will post the score over here,

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah Lol,

Sorry i am not almost 15 i am almost 14 in july,

I got my first match coming soon and we gonna get selected on Wednesday,

I will post the score over here,
All the best, mate. I am sure you will succeed in your efforts. :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Contarary to all the suggestions that you should try for England, I suggest that you try out for Pakistan, that is if you think you can really bowl fast. Pakistan team is in need of good fast bowlers and that is a rare once in a life time opportunity. Right now, for a fast bowler, it is a lot easier to get into the Pakistan team than in the English team.

Get in touch with Ashrafs/Altafs of PCB. If you have contacts in Pakistan, try to get in touch with Akram/Younis and obviously seek help from them. That will bring some media attention. Who knows..

In any case Best of Luck.

Contarary to all the suggestions that you should try for England, I suggest that you try out for Pakistan, that is if you think you can really bowl fast. Pakistan team is in need of good fast bowlers and that is a rare once in a life time opportunity. Right now, for a fast bowler, it is a lot easier to get into the Pakistan team than in the English team.

Get in touch with Ashrafs/Altafs of PCB. If you have contacts in Pakistan, try to get in touch with Akram/Younis and obviously seek help from them. That will bring some media attention. Who knows..

In any case Best of Luck.
Yeah he is really going to have Akram and Younis's Numbers's?8-)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Yeah he is really going to have Akram and Younis's Numbers's?8-)
That's not even what Sanz said. Why not offer some suggestions yourself? It's not really that hard to get in touch with ex-cricketers if you really want to...even highly prominent cricketers like Akram or Younis.

Azed

Cricket Spectator
Guys my uncle is friends with Akram, Imran khan, M,Yousuf and i have met them several times, i can get in the team by Imran Khan, but i want to do something which can shock the world,

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Contarary to all the suggestions that you should try for England, I suggest that you try out for Pakistan, that is if you think you can really bowl fast.
You don't just try out for international teams. You need to play club, county, region, half country and then full international. At least thats how it works for England anyway. I know so because my friend is currently at half country stage - North England.